• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

whats next?

fallacist

NAXJA Forum User
So, not that I'm going to run out the door today and go grab anything, but I'm trying to figure out the most effective next steps for my XJ. It is a DD.

Currently it has:
3" RC lift w/ new leaf packs
LCAs
31's
JK shocks

I have a pair of 1.5" spacers in my possession to even out the rake, but I have a feeling I need to address a few more things with my suspension/drivetrain before I go any higher.

For suspension, I'm thinking adjs track bar and discos, t-case drop(I have one, not installed) or SYE. I don't wheel it too hard, so I'm under the impression that I can easily get away with a H&T. I'm just not sure if I trust myself cutting the shaft.

For the body, I'm thinking new front bumper(lots of deer out here, and for recovery points) lighting(new harness, and either switching out stock housings and bulbs, or tossing on some KC fogs or long range).

Drivetrain, I'm thinking locker. I'm torn between putting a lunchbox in the front(D30) since it should only notice it in 4wd, or taking advantage of my 8.25 in the back and putting something in there. I would notice it all the time in 2wd though, right?

I'm really leaning towards lighting just because its deer humping season, and there are no street lights out here. just country roads and horny deer.

Suggestions?

Back