• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what is a good OBD II scanner with real time data

mmag1982

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys,

what do you recommend for a ODBII scanner for our XJ's.

I need something that would have real time display of all engine sensors, fuel trims, etc, and preferably data logging capability as well and would be good value for money .

what kind of data can you read with it, can you monitor fuel trims for example? and is it only i-phone or can work with a windows pc as well?

If you have an Android phone there are a few apps, like A-Car

The Innovate OT-2 will link with I-phone or laptop via wifi or you can hook up via USB to your laptop. Yes, it will monitor long term, short term fuel trims, MAP, IAT, ignition advance, coolant temp, load%, MPH, etc. With the Iphone's built in G sensors it can calculate HP, 0-60, fuel consumption as well. http://www.ot-2.com/ I use it piggy backed with the SSI-4 analog data logger for sensors i set up for monitoring other functions.

Nobody suggests ScanGauge II?
Its not without its problems, but for those without an android or want something a little more low profile than the Ultra-gauge, it is a pretty good option.

Data logging capability is somewhat limited. As far as I know, it only logs data when a CEL occurs. It then saves the state of all available gauges for you to look at later.

I love mine and would buy it again.

running it on the jeep? i plan on getting this exact setup soon.

I run the real time on my 99 F250 PSD and use it for code reading on my chrysler 300.

Torque has amazing capabilities and it's always getting better. The data logging even includes GPS location so you can pull up the performance on a map.

Back