• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2020 Gladiator Rims on 97 XJ

Terkainen

NAXJA Forum User
Greetings,

I am trying to find some rims and tires for my xj. It has 31 off-road tires and now I need to take it to work and back on the highway, 80 miles every day. I found someone selling 2020 Gladiator Rims and tires on the cheap. Wasn't sure if they would work though. Anyone happen to know?

Thanks!

The Gladiator wheels are not the correct bolt pattern.

The Gladiator rims are 5on5. Same as JK and JL. It would at least take adapter spacers. Some states do not allow running spacers. I do run WJ rims, also 5 on 5, on my XJ. I use the WJ bearing hubs. Then adapter spacers on the rear. I do not like running adapter spacers, but I have not had any issues. Also, I don't know the size of stock Gladiator tires. So, it might not be best for your present gearing.

Edit: I do have the WJ Big Brake upgrade.

Last edited:
if the goal is different diameter tires, beware that your gearing will not be optimal for both stock and 31 inch tires. what differential gears do you have, what rpm in top gear at what speed do you have now? then do the math and figure what the rpm will be for the new tire diameter. If your tires are small, but youre geared for big tires, then your rpms will be high, top speed limited if you put small tires on.

Back