• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Why the vibrations?

mavrick

NAXJA Forum User
When i hit about 45-70MPH i get a small virbation when im on the gas. When i step of the pedal it goes away. This isn't a virbration that causes the mirror to fall off but still a small virbation that causes the small things to wrattle inside. Is this a result of a bad gear install, u-joints, tough luck etc?

I’ve got a similar problem. But mine starts only when I’m accelerating. I’ve cheeked the pinion angle, the transfer case twice, had the driveshaft replace 3 times (JE Reel great company) and a friend says it could be the rear end bearings. ???
98 xj AA SYE, TNT 5.5 lift

I've got a 55+ vibe myself. Did this just start out of the blue or did you recently change something (lift, tires...etc)?

if its lifted then you probably have driveline virbrations and just need a transfer case drop kit, less than 20 bux

when my u-joint at the pinion was going on, i had that same issue...

check your driveshaft u-joints...

I have a SYE with a 5.5 lift for about a year... I recently regeared and i think, let me repeat i think it started after that. What should i be looking to see if it is the U-Joints

One thing to remember: If you had ANY vibes prior to re-gearing to lower gears, then they will be more pronounced with the lower gears and the driveline spinning faster.

James

DSN46 said:
One thing to remember: If you had ANY vibes prior to re-gearing to lower gears, then they will be more pronounced with the lower gears and the driveline spinning faster.

James

Thats what im kinda thinking... i no it wasn't vibless before the regear.

Back