• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

steering interfering with Steering stabilizer shock

Throttle

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone else have this problem???
IMG_1118.jpg

IMG_1117.jpg

Mine was close, but not touching close. Maybe 1 inch.

redneck23ms said:
try putting the bolt in the other way. then gring down the head of the bolt a little until it clears.

Exactly, that is the best way of doing this. All I had to do was flip the bolt and my problems were solved.

Thats pretty typical on lifts above 5",mine actually rubbed a hole in the steering damper and still hits the sway bar bracket.

xjtrailrider said:
Would a drop pittman arm fix this?
Not without messing up the angles!

Well if there weren't a bend, it would interfere even more!

I'm pretty sure I have adjust my lower control arms forward to rotate the axle to the back. Would that throw my alignment wacky?

Uh, no, from the factory they don't rub on other parts. If it's rubbing, it's bent backwards. I've seen it a million times. Lift height doesn't have anything to do with it. Straighten it back out or replace it. Don't forget the alignment.

strange that this thread just popped up...

after having a similar problem (the TRE hitting my sway bar link, not my lower stabilizer mount), i decided to "flip" the TRE to the other side of the drag link. this all began after installing my RE 5.5" kit over easter.

well, turns out the TRE has a tapered stud - so how am i supposed to install backwards through a tapered hole? (i'm still not quite sure how this was done: http://www.delta4x4club.com/TECH/JEEP/re55lift/IMG_0365.JPG)

so, after crawling a few threads on the subject, i've decided to shift my lower control arms forward at my RE drop brackets. i'll let you know how it works out.

learning as i go,
xj_newb

xj_newb said:
strange that this thread just popped up...

after having a similar problem (the TRE hitting my sway bar link, not my lower stabilizer mount), i decided to "flip" the TRE to the other side of the drag link. this all began after installing my RE 5.5" kit over easter.

well, turns out the TRE has a tapered stud - so how am i supposed to install backwards through a tapered hole? (i'm still not quite sure how this was done: http://www.delta4x4club.com/TECH/JEEP/re55lift/IMG_0365.JPG)

so, after crawling a few threads on the subject, i've decided to shift my lower control arms forward at my RE drop brackets. i'll let you know how it works out.

learning as i go,
xj_newb

Thanks man,

I'm gonna take mine into Jeep Thrills sometime next week for an alignment and see what they say.

Back