• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

trailer package wiring???

RNMedic

NAXJA Member #659
just rewired the 7 pin plug on the hirtch and noticed it has the factory wiring. Where is the other end of this loom? is there a wire for the trailer brakes under the das? if so where/ and for the optional or back up lights where is it??? thanks, john

On my 88 XJ the electrical trouble shooting manual shows the 7 pin connector harness runs inside the vehicle and connects to the chassis harness around the left rear wheel well. To see the connector you will have to remove the interior trim between the hatch and back seat door to find it.

If you have the factory 7 pin wiring then you will have a line for the trailer brakes. You will need to remove the driver's kick panel and it will be coiled up there. I am told it has a label on it and has blue insulation.

I am not sure about the back up lights, my manuals are at home right now. I recommend you call Techauthority, chrysler's publication and purchase the $20 electrical trouble shooting manual for your XJ, worth it's weight in gold. They are still available, you have to call, they are not listed on the web site any more.

I bought an '88 new with a tow package. The final part of the wiring harness was shipped under the rear seat, by the jack and lug wrench.

Back