• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ vs. House, House wins!

88xjlover

NAXJA Forum User
My 15 1/2 year old daughter is learning how to drive. We were pulling into the driveway and I told her to cut it tight because she's always ending up into the middle of the driveway. I was encouraging her like "cut it tight, cut it tight now back the other way now stop.. stop..... stop!" She hit the gas instead and into the house we went! Luckily, we hit just on the corner of the garage door (very strong there) and there was absolutly no damage to the house.
Unluckily my 98 daily driver which she prefers to drive over the corolla has the bumper and fender bent back.
Here's the pic's.
SANY0217.jpg
http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k218/pimpdaddylovemachine
SANY0216.jpg

SANY0215.jpg

SANY0213.jpg

Guess it's time to lift it and wheel it!:clap:

Being the Father of two little girls, I'm chuckling at this thread. :) Hope nobody was hurt and it didn't discourage her from getting back into the driver's seat. ;)

Being the Father of two little girls, I'm chuckling at this thread. :) Hope nobody was hurt and it didn't discourage her from getting back into the driver's seat. ;)

Warn us so we can stay off the sidewalks!
Seriously though, it was very minor and I think because I wasn't angry, not even a little, in fact I had to keep from laughing a little, that she will be o.k.
By the way her first driving instruction with her teacher is tomorrow!

Warn us so we can stay off the sidewalks!
Seriously though, it was very minor and I think because I wasn't angry, not even a little, in fact I had to keep from laughing a little, that she will be o.k.
By the way her first driving instruction with her teacher is tomorrow!

My garage door is slightly broken..... Could you have her pull into my driveway and "accidently" hit it? It would be nice to have insurance pay for the new door...... :viking:

I have a couple of years yet but My daughter is getting taught in a big hay field in a '70 F100 with the hay bales acting as other "cars". Then when she gets on the street I plan on being a nervous wreck.

My garage door is slightly broken..... Could you have her pull into my driveway and "accidently" hit it? It would be nice to have insurance pay for the new door...... :viking:

I have a couple of years yet but My daughter is getting taught in a big hay field in a '70 F100 with the hay bales acting as other "cars". Then when she gets on the street I plan on being a nervous wreck.

I learned in a full size chevy and after that you can drive anything! Oh well it's not like it's brand new or anything. Now to convince the wife to lift it......:smootch:

My 11 year old niece almost got a tree with mine the other day. She's hooked & has told me & everyone who will listen that I am building her a jeep like mine for her to drive. Had to take over when she got it up between 2 trees & could not get it out. But she's hoping to drive some at the Crawl this year..

I learn to drive Massey Tractor with bush hog on the farm then a ton international

got taught in a variety of vehicles. as I grew up my parents had like 3 of there own vehicles so one day I get taught to drive some mazda then my dads beamer and so on...

When my fiancee was about 5 yo her father left her in the car while it was running in the driveway. He needed to grab something and she was buckled in the back seat so no problem right? Wrong, she put it in drive gas and slammed teh car into the corner of the garage. She went about 15 feet down the wall, and the house was new at teh time :O they fixed the garage but the door still doesnt close right 22 years later :)

My 11 year old niece almost got a tree with mine the other day. She's hooked & has told me & everyone who will listen that I am building her a jeep like mine for her to drive. Had to take over when she got it up between 2 trees & could not get it out. But she's hoping to drive some at the Crawl this year..

I learn to drive Massey Tractor with bush hog on the farm then a ton international

It's funny how they think that you'll just build them one! No problem. I like how your niece is already wheelin'. That's cool!
My daughter likes wheelin' but since in High School hasn't had much interest. That's teenagers for ya!
She wants a cherokee for her first vehicle, she likes it better than my wife's 84 Toy w/the 6" lift and 35's!
Yes our family is at war:gonnablow

Back