• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vibes - Still

That's typical for the trans input shaft, as already stated the flywheel pilot bearing picks-up that end of the shaft.

It looks pretty normal. Like said, if the problem goes away with the rear shaft removed it is pretty unlikely the problem is in the trans. Focus on what's changed that could cause the vibration.

After watching your vids again this afternoon, I would also look seriously at your pinion bearings.

Well it's either the SYE, the driveshaft, or the pinion. I would also check the engine alignment since it's not uncommon to install the crossmember backwards and also check the axle for alignment.

Any chance your transmission crossmember is 180* out?
One time way back in the day I did that and the rear shaft was cocked over to the side a few degrees and caused vibes that weren't there prior.
I noticed the witness marks on the crossmember and saw I had re-installed it 180* out.

Back