• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Uhwarrie Run Labor Day weekend

brokexj

NAXJA Member #1165
Looks like it's a go for Uhwarrie on 9/01-9/02 (at least). As of right now, it's going to be 2 XJ's, a Yota, a YJ and CJ going. Might come back to VA via NC 64 and the OBX and hit some beach wheeling. Still trying to tie down details (might leave on Thursday vs. Friday) I'm going to try and get a group camp site at Badin Lake so there will be some sites open.

Looks like it is going to be crowded. I am also going up with a group from the local Jeep club. I'll be staying at Arrowhead Campground.

And this would be why I'm going this weekend! Might have to look at a day run then too.

Well, a group of 4 of us from Columbia are a definite. Look for a my white XJ on 35's, a blue XJ on 32's, a TJ on 33's, and a SOA YJ on 38's. I wanted to camp but couldn't get anyone to commit because of other plans. We'll be up there early Saturday for a day trip then to Gulches ORV on Sunday morning.

sorry, can't make it, got some family stuff then making a shoe creek run with DSO 4x4. Hopefully next time.

Heads up guys.....remember Ernesto!!!
150927W_sm.gif

Ex CCS Racer said:
The wetter the better at UNF!
OH yea! I ran most of it in 2WD High this past weekend.

Now that Ernesto has lost its punch, I would like to come up from Miami. I have not been there before so I would like information regarding meeting place and camping options for one or two nights.
TIA.

techno1154 said:
Now that Ernesto has lost its punch, I would like to come up from Miami. I have not been there before so I would like information regarding meeting place and camping options for one or two nights.
TIA.
Arrowhead is the best imho. The trails are nice and easy with some rough spots and plenty of by passes. If it's wet make sure you have mud terains. It is clay and slick.

I think that my group will be meeting at the outpost around 8:30am. Silver XJ.

Back