• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

I’ve towed a good bit with my ‘12 Suburban and it does fine with the camper and TJ (not at the same time). Get the lowest (numerically higher) gears offered which typically come with the tow package. I can’t pull steep hills at 70mph towing, but 55 has never been an issue.

Think I paid around $100 for my oem controller, just a few min install and sweet talk the dealer to activate it with their computer for free. Oem remote start was even easier

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I went with a 2018 F150 with the 2.7 Eco boost as well, same equipment package that mac has, it pulls my new boat just fine, and new boat is @ 30' Baja w a 454 and enough stereo equipment to make KISS jealous., and was never short on power and ran 80+ mph for the 5 hour trip with no problems. I was skeptical of a 6 banger at first, but after taking w mac when he got home from MOAB, I pulled the trigger. Now granted, I have put a leveling kit in it and new wheels and 33x12.50x20s on it and my mileage went down tremendously. But it sure looks sweet! Just owned now over 2 months and put 10,000 miles on it so far.....chasing that out of town tail puts the miles on it!

I went with a 2018 F150 with the 2.7 Eco boost as well, same equipment package that mac has, it pulls my new boat just fine, and new boat is @ 30' Baja w a 454 and enough stereo equipment to make KISS jealous., and was never short on power and ran 80+ mph for the 5 hour trip with no problems. I was skeptical of a 6 banger at first, but after taking w mac when he got home from MOAB, I pulled the trigger. Now granted, I have put a leveling kit in it and new wheels and 33x12.50x20s on it and my mileage went down tremendously. But it sure looks sweet! Just owned now over 2 months and put 10,000 miles on it so far.....chasing that out of town tail puts the miles on it!

10k! holy crap

we bought ours at the end of june and i put 3500 on it going to moab and we haven't put 9k on ours...

mac 'hammer down' gyvr

Yeah, the only bright side to those miles is that my wang is getting some miles too. :D

My agency was not shut down, so I've been working through this whole deal. The other half of my office is shut down, pretty quiet around the place the past few weeks bc most of the public thinks the whole place is shit down.

And yes on the savings account too! But it's not growing as fast after I sold the farm and additional mailboxes :D

Diesels are expensive to maintain and not worth having unless you tow heavy loads a lot.

I've been daily driving a diesel WK for the last 5 years and 100k miles, oil change costs a bit more because it takes 10qts but other then glow plugs which are 16 each but easier to change then spark plugs. It may cost a bit more then a gasser in maintenance but I have better fuel mileage then the V6 WK and more torque then the Hemi.

But Im also biased since ive been working on diesel equipment and trucks for 15 years. If I wasn't so lazy my XJ would be diesel too.

Last edited:
I've been daily driving a diesel WK for the last 5 years and 100k miles, oil change costs a bit more because it takes 10qts but other then glow plugs which are 16 each but easier to change then spark plugs. It may cost a bit more then a gasser in maintenance but I have better fuel mileage then the V6 WK and more torque then the Hemi.

But Im also biased since ive been working on diesel equipment and trucks for 15 years. If I wasn't so lazy my XJ would be diesel too.

I guess I was thinking about large pick ups.
I forgot they are putting diesels in light duty vehicles again.
Nothing better than the Olds 98 with a 5.7 diesel in it.

Not sure what was worse, the olds 5.7 or caddy 468. We had 1 olds 5.7 and it went from trade in to scrap yard. Sadly we had a few too many 468s that never could get runny right

My Tahoe towed fine for 10 years.

My LBZ is f’n awesome.

Don’t think I’ll ever go back to a gasser.

10b4a8a3fd5e4642da1c07a0bb7c7ae1.jpg

Last edited:
Back