• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Winch only mount, where to buy

1manwolfpack

NAXJA Forum User
Hi, I'm looking for a winch mount with no bumper. I want to just cut out a section of my stock bumper to install just a winch mount. I'm trying to keep the jeep as light as possible. Does anyone know where to buy one?

I would post pictures, but I haven't figured out how yet.

If your time is limited then the Boostwerks mount is probably your quickest path to a well built solution.

The only alternative I can think of is to fabricate mounts to use something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Driver-Recov...33525&sr=8-2-spons&keywords=winch+mount&psc=1

But then you are back to fabbing up mounts, so you probably ought to just start from scratch and build the right thing to begin with.

Or, go with Boostwerks and support your steering while you are at it.

Wouldn't a front receiver work and have winch on a cradle.

One could but...

Pros:
- can be used front and rear
- store it in a dry place when not being used

Cons:
- Still need to beef up the front mount for a receiver
- Heavy to lift winch and cradle combo

- If taking along and not using it, where to store securely?

- Approach/departure angle is lessened when in use
- long run of heavy power source cable if used in rear

Boostwerks winch/steering brace combo is awesome. I have it. It's a lot of work to install but well worth it. There may be limitations to which winch can mount to it though.

7b12e5fc391f858fdff7dadaa6eb94a3.png
30b2d7d7ecfb56d91af4f0f708b27051.png
4fa1b4f0d57593a1416aa5ab154bfc47.png
c07e1d8e10288b98f9c371f6ec0d45da.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the DetourUSA backbone on my Liberty and it works great. I've triple line pulled an F350 quadcab out of a lake with it.

Back