• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transmission Line Connector

Locked98GC

NAXJA Forum User
Dorman P/N 800-714
Napa P/N 730-4978
Balkamp P/N BK7304978
OEM P/N 8350 3728

I biffed the 2 on the transmission when I pulled it yesterday to swap out the flexplate. It's a simple write up but see numerous question how it should be installed. Hey, I looked too.

Nice new one from Napa. I put some new transmission oil around the o-rings, inside and out. DON'T take it apart.
009-1.jpg

If you look down inside you will see the 2 clips that need to be spread outwards while taking the lines off. They make a special tool for this (it's like a fuel line fitting)or a couple of small screwdrivers work.
021.jpg

I removed the old ones with a 1/2' ratchet and 7/8" socket. Tight but got enough force on it to break it loose laying on the ground.
034.jpg

This is what the line should look like. Round and clean then put some transmission oil on it at least to the crimp. This will help it slide into the inside o-ring.
038.jpg

This is what it look like when installed. It will wiggle around a little bit but should not pull out with any force. Don't Gorilla it. You will feel a small click when it is seated.
040.jpg

Great writeup, I've posted this a few times but with no pics because I never remember to take any.

The aluminum quick disconnect tool set at autozone that's anodized a different color for each size is great, the plastic ones and one-size-fits-none not so much.

These days I do a cooler and torque converter delete and add another gear and pedal to the transmission instead though...

Back