• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dana 30 and c8.25 4.56 how hard to find?

Shomsky462

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
ive been searching a while for a hp dana 30 with a loker and 4.56 gears and also a dana 44 or a c8.25 with the same 4.56 and locker. how hard is this going to be to find? it will help me tremendously if i can buy these axles complete instead of paying someone a fortune to regear and lock. what axles would you guy reccomend? i was maybe even thinking a newer hp dana 44 for the front but what would you guys recommend? i have a 91 with a hp reverse dana 30 and a c8.25 with LSD. im pretty sure im runnin3.55 in front and 3.54 in rear. what are your opinions?

4.56's were only offered stock in one combo....87-89 XJ/MJ's with 2.5L and AW4 tranny. Front D30 and rear D35. Very rare, but not impossible to find if you know how to spot the correct vehicle they're under :laugh3:
Jeff

Find the parts and then post in the SoCal chapter or whichever end of CA you're in. Your payment will likely be no more than pizza and beer for the guys who come over to help.That way you can learn about your Jeep to be able to fix things when they go wrong. Plus that way you're not inheriting someone else's problems, just keeping your own...

you mean find some guys that have done it before and have the tools for the job to come and help me learn more about how to install gears and stuff?
sounds good but should i just kinda get to know them and see if they want to come over and assist me?

axle talk: so when i buy the parts i think im pretty sure im going to get yukon 4.56 gears and master install kits. for the final decision i want to buy a locker but i dont know what i want to buy. origonally i was tinking about an ez locker but some people told me they were crap so i was thinkin about an ox because i dont want to mess with on board air for an arb and the electronic lockers are too expensive.

what are all your opinions i have just about next to zero experience with lockers and stuff. all i know is that when im trying to climb up a muddy hill my left tire slips but my right tire does nothing hahaahaha.

Back