• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Common courtesy...

Stang5lgt

NAXJA Forum User
I just wanted to vent a little and see if anyone else is noticing ever increasing rudeness going on these days. Two most recent incidents were.

I was at Lowes loading 16 foot composite deck planks by myself weigh about 70lbs each. No big deal. Well you have all seen how wide the lumber isle are. So cashier walks up the isle on opposite side. Then when he is coming back he is on my side. He gets to me and says coming through. There was no one on the other side of the isle. I was steaming and about beat his ass right there and then. Never asked if I needed help just asked me to move. :flamemad: So I kept my cool and just left.

Today on the way up to Rocky Mountain National Park withthe family we stop at the Fort Lupton exit and hit Mc Ds for breakfast. One of there idiot employees was power washing the drive thru while there were 7 cars in line. And then when I get up to the window to get my food he WALKS IN BETWEEN THE JEEP AND THE DRIVE UP WINDOW POWER WASHING UNDER THE JEEP. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never said a word to me. And like I said he could have been inside taking care of the line of cars behind me. :flamemad:

Last edited:
No such thing anymore. 99% of people are out for themselves and you can see it more in some then others.

That's common sense you are talking about Josh. Then again, if it was so common everybody would have it...I'm starting to think the phrase was intended as an oxymoron.

Calm down there soy-fed. You need to better analyze the situations here.

Situation 1:
Obviously the Lowes cashier was gay and just could resist the urge to get near you in the hopes he'd be able to sneak a feel at you. Its a direct result of that sexy-arse beard you've been sporting.

Situation 2:
The guy at McDonalds obviously noticed some left over dirt on your Jeep from wheeling and decided he wanted to be nice and wash it for you. Either that or your beard drove the poor little homo to do what he could to get at your "under carriage".

:D

Calm down there soy-fed. You need to better analyze the situations here.

Situation 1:
Obviously the Lowes cashier was gay and just could resist the urge to get near you in the hopes he'd be able to sneak a feel at you. Its a direct result of that sexy-arse beard you've been sporting.

Situation 2:
The guy at McDonalds obviously noticed some left over dirt on your Jeep from wheeling and decided he wanted to be nice and wash it for you. Either that or your beard drove the poor little homo to do what he could to get at your "under carriage".

:D[/QUO

:>{ ))))))))))

i worked in the lumber department at lowes for a while and something they drill into you is "WOW customer service" and you could have gotten that employee into a shit ton of trouble had you said something to a manager.

but i completly agree with you. its a rare occasion that i see anyone do anything for someone else. its even rare to see a man open a door for a women anymore. its bullshit and it pisses me off too!

if you are just standing around doing nothing and you see someone who could use a hand (even if they can take care of it themself) and you dont offer... idk, i think its pretty shitty.

and the McD's thing... well its McD's:puke:

i worked in the lumber department at lowes for a while and something they drill into you is "WOW customer service" and you could have gotten that employee into a shit ton of trouble had you said something to a manager.

but i completly agree with you. its a rare occasion that i see anyone do anything for someone else. its even rare to see a man open a door for a women anymore. its bullshit and it pisses me off too!

if you are just standing around doing nothing and you see someone who could use a hand (even if they can take care of it themself) and you dont offer... idk, i think its pretty shitty.

and the McD's thing... well its McD's:puke:
Only reason I didn't make a scene about the guy at Lowes was because last time he rang up my purchase he left out about 4 boards from the total. So I figured he would do it again. So when he rang me up this time sure enough he didn't let me down. He rang up 2 pieces of flashing when I had 5. LOL So I felt better after that. :looser:

For the most part it is just the younger generation........... though there are exceptions to that rule!! Common sense IS an Oxymoron!! :gee:

Im gonna agree with Dutch on the beard thing, not so much the gay part but Ive had multiple conversations with fellow beard rockers and came to the conclusion that when a man wears a beard it puts him on the outside of society.

And apparnetly so do all the gay Lowes and McD's employees. Not to mention the manager of that restraunt and your wife's co-workers. :D

So how much longer until she makes you shave it off?

Take your new mountain man self over to Boulder. I bet you leave with at least 5 girls' numbers. :D

Take your new mountain man self over to Boulder. I bet you leave with at least 5 girls' numbers. :D
Just don't take numbers from any girls who have a beard nicer than yours.

I went to the post office Saturday. On my exit, I held the door for the person behind me. She had an astonished look on her face.

I want that half-second of my life back!!!

Just don't take numbers from any girls who have a beard nicer than yours.

I went to the post office Saturday. On my exit, I held the door for the person behind me. She had an astonished look on her face.

I want that half-second of my life back!!!

I get that around here. Some are amazed that there are still people willing to do it, while others are feminazis who get pi$$ed that you're treating them differently (women are different. Wonderfully different. My wife understands that, and enjoys those little extra courtesies...)

In the previous situation, when a woman thanks me, I tip my head in her direction (or my hat - if I haven't forgotten to put one on.)

If she gets bent at me, I let go of the door. If it hits her in her arse, that's her problem.

I think a lot of it has also to do with all of the hurrying about people are convinced they have to do. I stopped being in a hurry years ago - which gives time to render these little courtesies that help the world move along smoothly.

5-90 said:
while others are feminazis who get pi$$ed that you're treating them differently
They think too much, probably fancy themselves too much.

When I go through a doorway and hear someone behind me, I hold the door without looking. I never thought that was special, all my siblings were taught the same.

It is nice to turn around and see my youngsters following example. :)

That's why I always stop to let women walk past my car at parking lots. 1, it's the polite thing to do and 2, i like watching their boobies bounce :)

My favorite courtesy story ever:

An elderly man was making his way through a crowded sidewalk toward the door of a local buisness. As he reached the door and began to open it he looked over his shoulder and noticed a woman heading toward the very same door. He removed his hat , pulled the door open and held it for the woman. The woman stopped dead in her tracks and proceeded to berate the older man. "I'm not some frail female that needs a man to open doors for her! I'm offended that you feel that I'm incapable of opening a door by myself!! Did you do that just because I'm a Lady?" Without a moments hesitation the old man replied " Certainly not Madam, I did it because I'm a Gentleman."

I love telling my kids that. It's not about being Holier Than Thou, it's about being the best person you can be and respecting those around you......whether they deserve it or not.

If you can't perform a random act of kindness on a daily basis....you're doing something wrong.

An elderly man was making his way through a crowded sidewalk toward the door of a local buisness. As he reached the door and began to open it he looked over his shoulder and noticed a woman heading toward the very same door. He removed his hat , pulled the door open and held it for the woman. The woman stopped dead in her tracks and proceeded to berate the older man. "I'm not some frail female that needs a man to open doors for her! I'm offended that you feel that I'm incapable of opening a door by myself!! Did you do that just because I'm a Lady?" Without a moments hesitation the old man replied " Certainly not Madam, I did it because I'm a Gentleman."

I love telling my kids that. It's not about being Holier Than Thou, it's about being the best person you can be and respecting those around you......whether they deserve it or not.

If you can't perform a random act of kindness on a daily basis....you're doing something wrong.

:thumbup:

:yelclap::yelclap::yelclap:

Back