• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front springs

tech1001

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking at changing my front springs , they sagged and the front end is sitting lower then the back. I need a 4.5" lift spring but I want a sooth ride spring . I'v been reading reviews and just don't know with one to go with . I was looking at Superlift Suspension 550 lift springs or maybe Rubicon Express Front Coil Springs 4.5" Lift XJ RE1310 and Skyjacker Softride Lift Coil Springs . I'm asking because I know some of you are using these springs , I do not want a hard ride I drive my xj a lot . please help thank you . I don't want to spend more then $200 for front springs . Thank You for all your input .

RE hands down, the others are terrible!

I'll second RE. and Nitrogen shocks. Want a great ride? Be ready to fork out the dough.

EDIT: Looks like everyone sells the RE1310 pair for $179. Just under your $200 mark!

Last edited:
Yeah, I'd do the RE, or go for a softer PAC coil and a spacer. PAC offers 4" coils in 165 and 200 spring rate. That RE should be around 185-200.

I don't know about "better" but there are lots of other good springs. But you'll have a hard time beating that RE price!

yeah depends on the shocks and swaybar. you could make it work pretty good, but not with a stock swaybar and 5100's.

I don't think I want the springs that soft , around the stock rate would be good , I still want it to drive good but I don't want to lose my teeth on the bumps on the road . It rides ok now but I don't know what spring are in it now because it came with the jeep when I got it. the price on the RE is real tempting but the Skyjacker Softride spring sound like it will ride better has any one used these before ?

I run 25" long PAC springs with a 130# rate.

I highly recommend these springs. I am now in the camp of running only enough spring to support the weight of the vehicle and let the shocks do the rest.

I have learned this from a few sources and personal experience. I started with deavers, then metal cloaks and finally got the 130# PAC's.

I use to think you want increased spring rate. Maybe in the rear of a pickup for towing. But not for on and off road performance.

When I say I recommend those springs I don't mean the exact ones I got unless you want your spring to be around 19" tall installed. I just mean I highly recommend PAC

I ordered my PAC springs thru Jegs -- they said I would wait 4 to 6 weeks -- springs where here in 10 days...

Your lucky. I ordered some 6" 250P a few years ago and it took 4 weeks and that's when they were a Jeep Speed sponsor. Last month I ordered some 4" 220P, on Jeg's it said 4 weeks but after the order was placed it was changed to November. So I cancelled that. Today thru Jeg's I ordered the 6" 200P with a October delivery and they just replied they are discontinued. On Pac's website there are no longer any Jeep Speed springs listed. I liked Pac ,as they had posted rates and specs so you could calculate ride height on your rig with a given weight., coil bind, free spring length, etc instead of just the normal 4-6" xj lift spring . :mad:

Back