• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front Frame Stiffeners

VET'S XJ

NAXJA Forum User
So I decided while I have the jeep apart for dana 44 swap, I would make some front frame stiffeners. I have read all the threads about them and tried to incorporate some of the ideas mentioned about providing more stiffening. So I left them a little long on the bottom side and "wrapped" them around the bottom angled portion of the frame. They are made from 1/8 plate I think...maybe 12 gauge I dont know it was scrap and it looked right. Here are the pics, as you can see I cut and wrapped the plate under a bit to hopefully give that extra dimension for some more stiffness! Enjoy, pics of my HP44 will be soon to follow...:rof:
100_0577.jpg

100_0579.jpg

100_0581.jpg

100_0582.jpg

Wrapping them around like that probably added some rigidity too!

No problems, wish it was a bit cleaner but a little wire wheel and it is all good!

Looks good bro! I cant wait to see that thing in person, I hope soon now that we have some snow in town! We can go wheeling.

The bend actually makes them stiffeners, otherwise they are basically future crack deterents. :)

Good idea, might do the same on my new stock build up.

Thanks Goatman! I would think you could take it under even further to capture the bottom portion of the frame too.

Back