• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FRONT FRAME STIFFENERS

cherokeeboi

NAXJA Forum User
Other then H.D. offroad who else makes them. And those that have them
did it make a big difference and what would you do different.Any tips or advice.

In all honesty, you couldn't have searched at all. I came up with 474 results when searching "Frame stiffeners". Granted not all are what your looking for, but I'm sure there are plenty of opinions and valuable information somewhere in there.

Ive looked and wanted to get to the point i did searched and read , but wanted to save alot of time of going threw all the threads after an hour and half my eyes were
burning.

Sorry Built2Flex, but you misread his question. He's asking about FRONT frame stiffeners.

To the OP, I put some homebrew ones in mine that a few of my buddies designed/punched out. I can honestly say I felt a huge difference.

It's tough to describe, but bumps in the road are soaked up more with less vibrations through the unibody, as well as flexing seems to take less of a toll on the front end (i.e. less creaking/groaning).

I don't have them but I plan on throwing some on my new build. I have only found the H.D. Offroad and SBS ones though.

I recommend you get a front skid if you don't already have one. By further linking the frame to the front crossmember it probably helps stiffness. I think I feel a difference but I can't say for sure.

I made my own. If you have the skills, its pretty easy to make your own. Just takes a bunch of time.

http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=970131

033.jpg

How far forward to those go? Do you need to drill bumper and steering box holes?

The H.D. Offroad Engineering front stiffeners extend all the way to the front of the "frame" and all holes are already there.

How far forward to those go? Do you need to drill bumper and steering box holes?

i did incorporate some into mine, i cant speak for the TMR plates... if i were you i would go with the HD Offroad stiffeners, front and frame.... good stuff...

Thanks for all the feed back, as far as prep just strip the frame and start burning uh.
about how long should this take approx?,

basically... you need to really clean up the metal though, the body is galvanized, and you need to take that off or it will do funny things with your arc stability and cause burn through really easily(as if it wasnt easy to do in the first place). just be sure to not use chlorinated brake parts cleaner to clean the metal with... you could die...

If the front HD offroad stiffeners are anything like the center stiffeners they sell, they are probably great.

I just got the center unibody rail pair, and they look awesome.

Now I just need to burn em on.

Back