• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Testing, Testing, Future 2001, 4x4 For Sale...

01classicxj

NAXJA Forum User
Future 2001, 4x4 For Sale...Correction...No longer for sale

Dammit, I'm just not p/c friendly. NAXJA timed out on my last post and i lost all i had written. So this a quicky test. I'm trying to see if i figured out the photo upload. Short version. Rebuilt everything under the hood from the Radi. to the factory TB sensors. New long block 11/16. 4-hole injector's. 4.56 gears, Rear Detroit T/T. Only thing original is the A/C system(work's), motor mounts(seem fine), heater core(bypassed;it's above my skill level) This is the only pic i have currently. Jeep is in shop getting T/C upgrade and Durango M/C. 409-978-9748 if you feel you might be looking for a nice rig text me or call, and can give you all the info.

2001 XJ.jpg

Last edited:
No rust 2001 Cherokee for sale. Dad bought new, iv'e owned about ten year's. Most of the upgrades have been over the past four year's. List of mod's are as follow.....Rebuilt engine at Tex-On Motor's in HOTX 11/16. 3yr/36K warranty. Still under the mileage. Banks header, Magnaflow Y-pipe, Flowmaster muffler, replaced O2 sensors. All sensor's on throttle body were replaced with dealership part's. I installed a new radiator, rubber grommets below radiator, electric fan, clutch fan, new hoses. Metal hood vent's. Replaced starter, water pump, Hesco high flow thermostat housing, 2001 Durango master cylinder, alternator, power steering pump, p/s lines, serp. belt, idler pulley, coil pack bar and recent plug's. Four hole fuel injector's. Big tranny cooler on front of radiator. Front 1999 H/P Dana 30, Vanco big brake kit for 16" wheel's. New wheel hub's, Spicer ball joint's, Moog factory steering, 4.56 gear's, Ruff Stuff diff. cover. Rear is the 2001 8.25 with 4.56 gear's, Detroit TrueTrac, Ten Factory chromo shaft's, Ruff Stuff diff. cover. Rebuilt 231J with wide chain, 6 pinion Planetary and SYE. Rear C/V driveshaft from Adam's Driveshaft. Replaced transmission mount. I dropped the gas tank and replaced with a dealership fuel pump, replaced fuel fill hose and vent hose. New clamp's. Sway bar disconnect's. MetalCloak 3.5" lift and there big bolt aluminum hex adjustable upper/lower control arm's. H.D. Offroad shackle relocation box. 3/4" longer than stock shackle's. Bilstein shock's. Longer brake lines. Trimmed front fender. Cut and fold rear fender. Rear JCR cut n fold bumper with tire carrier. Interior metal console bracket upgrade. Interior LED dome and courtesy light's. K Suspension headlight harness upgrade. Novak Cable T/C Shifter. Less than 150 miles on gears, ball joints, brakes, 231J Transfer Case, rear shaft. A/C work's but is original compressor. No heat. Heater core is by-passed. Never leaked inside cab. There was just a faint smell when A/C on so i assume a pin hole in the heater core. There is no headliner or plastic interior trim except for the console. Plan's were to cage it and box in the back wheel well's to trim more. No carpet in cargo area. Plan's were to move the gas tank up and sink it into floor and then spray liner the interior. Thing's that will go with sale. In storage not installed. JCR gas tank skid i had on but removed. TNT rear u-bolt eliminator with 1" lift. Hooligan's front and mid stiffener's, M.O.R.E. 8.8 swap kit plus there emergency brake cables, Front B/B spring spacer, Skyjacker drop pitman arm(found when digging thru my stuff in storage and forgot i had it. Was on my 97 Cherokee when i had bought that one new wayyy back in the day. I think it's for the 6"/8" lift). And parts to redo the cowel air induction setup. Currently sitting on 16x8 Streetlock's. I've got a stack of Orielly's receipt's and other receipt's. Documented oil changes. I bought another project and i can't juggle two, so this will be going to a good home.

Last edited:
Few more pic's.

2001Cherokee5.jpg 2001Cherokee2.jpg 2001Cherokee3.jpg 2001Cherokee4.jpg 2001Cherokee6.jpg

Last edited:
As you see. One to many ride's for two people.

2001Cherokee7.jpg 2001Cherokee8.jpg

Dang it. Alway's a gremlin. Trying to get this thing ready to post up for sale. Was not registered in 2018. Took awhile to get the finances for the drive line vibe /new transfer case worked out. Hurricane Harvey August 2017 only got me with 6" flooding but had to move twice. So XJ been on back burner. Took it out for a drive Sat. And then was going to get inspection. First time i really driven it since gear's. About 30 miles in the VSS went belly up. And i see it's leaking from there when i got home. So it's back to the shop. They had put in a speedo gear also during the install of T/C, so i'm not sure if they forgot about the o-ring. Or didn't install correctly lining up the correct number's. Grrrrrrrrr.

Last edited:
Cherokee still in shop. Guess they had a few rig's in front of me. Went by shop this morning. At least it's been moved so i hope thing's are happening. Hopefully it will be out soon

Last edited:
Inspection done. No runs, no drips, no errors. XJ has 200K on body and glass. I pulled the Tex-On engine rebuild paperwork to look at the mileage when rebuilt. And it now only has about 6200 miles on 4.0. Runs strong. No hiccups. Monday i'm off work. Going to stand in line at the DMV for sticker. Then will be posted for sale here. Long block was painted white when rebuilt, mehhh, to make issues easier to see in the future.

2001Cherokee10.jpg 2001Cherokee9.jpg

Last edited:
Back