• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FS: 1995 Jeep Cherokee Sport

5l33p3r

NAXJA Forum User
IMG_4868-676349.JPG

hey guys, i'm putting my Jeep up for sale. i need to make room for other things and and figured someone here could use a new toy.

it's a 1995 Cherokee Sport: 4.0L engine, AW4 auto transmission, NP242 transfercase, high pinion Dana30 (non-vacuum model) in the front and a 29 spline Chrysler 8.25 (out of a 1997 XJ) in the rear. ring and pinion ratio is matched at 3.55:1

it has about 137,000 miles on it and i'd like to get $1,200 for it. i'm located in Columbus, Texas.

things to note: a couple weeks ago the transmission started acting up so after some investigation it was discovered the shift solenoids are bad (no big deal, i pulled the TCM fuse and just shift gears manually) the solenoid kits are less than $100 bucks on amazon and worked great on my other XJ so no reason this wouldn't fix everything on this one.

also, there are a couple minor holes in the passenger side floorboards from rust. (not bad enough for full replacement pans but wanted to mention it)

the jeep comes with a spare AW4 transmission and a spare NP231 (actually the shift solenoids from this trans could be pulled and swapped over if you didn't want to buy new parts), it will also come with the factory 15" alloy wheels and a kit of tintable raptor liner with grey tint that matches the factory grey plastic.

hit me up if you have any questions

thanks,

Travis

lift consists of the following:
rubicon express 3" coils
ironrock offroad fixed length lower control arms
ironrock offroad extended swaybar links
factory jeep JK rubicon front shocks with teraflex bar-pin eliminators
ironrock offroad 3" leaf spring packs
ironrock offroad adjustable shackles
kyb jeep MJ rear shocks with teraflex bar-pin eliminators
ironrock offroad t-case drop
tomken machine extended stainless steel brake lines front and rear

wheels and tires:
spidertrax 4.5-5x5 (XJ to JK) hubcentric wheel adapters
factory 2007 JK 17x7.5 wheels
285/70-17 Goodyear wrangler silent armor tires (load range D)
* spare wheel/tire is another JK17x7.5 with a 285/70-17 Goodyear duratrac

exterior:
front and rear fenders have been trimmed
front logans metal fab bumper
rear rustys offroad bumper
converted factory sealed headlights to 7" round trucklite LED

engine:
factory air box removed and replaced with AEM dry element filter
ironrock offroad 2.5" cat back exhaust
plugs, wires, cap & rotor replaced less than 5,000 miles ago
engine oil changed every 3k miles with 10w30 royal purple and wix filter

Last edited:
hey guys, after thinking about it, i need the room so this thing needs to go. i dropped the price to $2,000. if you know someone i'd appreciate the help in the sale.

feel free to message me on here, or give me a call @ 225-268-5345

i got to many projects and not enough room

-travis

Does the AC work? Anything else need service any time soon?

Doors?????

Will it pass inspection?

Title?

hey man how you been?!

AC works, but could use a recharge.

doors come with it but the hinges will need to be re welded to the new a-pillars.

the catalytic converter was clogged when i got it so it was removed/deleted, that being said it just passed state inspection here in Columbus (got it inspected last tuesday), we don't have emissions testing here though.

title is clean and clear and in hand.

travis

was digging through the garage yesterday, found a set of brand new 97+ front fenders and full grille, header panel, light trim and marker lights for the 97+ front end that i'll throw in with the jeep.

let me know

Travis

hey guys, i need to get this thing gone. i just updated the original post to reflect the new price.

give me a call or text if you're interested.

Travis
225-268-5345

I don't think there is any buyer traffic left here?

Craigs list and the multiple Facebook jeep sites have all the seller/buyer traffic now from what I have seen..... I have used Craigs list for all my used rig shopping for a good while now. Easy to search by location, plenty of listings. Good luck!!!

thanks man,

i put it up on craigslist when i made the original post here. i had a couple guys come kick the tires, but an overwhelming majority was scam emails. i'll look and check out the facebook markets

-Travis

Your first post says $1,200 your second post says dropped the price to $2,000

What? :rolleyes:

LOL

So what is it? :cheers:

I know a person looking for one for use around the farm, 4wd, does not want pay a lot, but does not have time to do a lot of work on it either.

hey guys, after thinking about it, i need the room so this thing needs to go. i dropped the price to $2,000. if you know someone i'd appreciate the help in the sale.

feel free to message me on here, or give me a call @ 225-268-5345

i got to many projects and not enough room

-travis

Do you still have the '97 grill and fenders? If so, I would be interested in them for my MJ project.

Back