• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AW4 Torque Converter???

KJurasek

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know what torque converters are compatible with the AW4? I am looking for something with more beef than stock. I gave TCI a call and told them I was interested in either their "Street Fighter" or "Sizzler" converter. They told me that they do not support the AW4.

Am I going to have to swap to a 700R4 to have access to some aftermarket support for the transmission? There is an outfit called "Level 10" but they are a bit complicated and pricey.

Any input would help on this.

:thumbup:

First off, why do you want to upgrade the torque converter? You do not need to swap in a 700r4 for upgrades. The AW4 does have upgrades available.
Second, I would advise against Level Ten. I havent heard anything positive about their services.
Third, check out this sticky in this forum. It talks about upgrades and links to different sites with lots of knowledge on the AW4.

x2. There aren't many transmission failures due to the torque converter. You won't gain performance by replacing it ad the stock TC already has a fairly high stall speed.

If you still want one someone on the jeep strokers Yahoo group had a few made. Do a search there.

Back