• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bad for Business??

Jeepdogrob

NAXJA Forum User
Alright, now I am not one to complain too much but I am a little frustrated with the customer service from a couple of Bumper manufacturers.

I ordered two bumpers. My rear was ordered in November. I was told I would get it in January, then February, then last week and now I am not sure if it has even shipped.

The front was supposed to be here last Friday "at the latest". Just shipped today. When I was on the phone with the company today they said it would be here Thursday. A couple hours later I checked the tracking number and it wont be here till Friday. Normally I wouldnt be irritated but I sort of made plans around receiving them. Point is, Dont tell me it is going to be here if you don't know. Dont blow smoke up me arse!

Now on the flipside, both of the owners of the company were extremly nice but nice doesnt change the fact that I dont have my stuff when I ordered it.

I know it sounds like a petty whine but it's just something that irks me. Anyways, not much to do about it Right.

Is this pretty typical for small businesses?

This is getting typical of all, small and large. I've be running into more and more that deal that way.

You know, sometimes i think that ebay is better. I have done many transactions on ebay, and with the feedback setup, people ship fast, and do things right.

For example, I ordered two stickers last week. Took a while to get here so I emailed and asked if they had been shipped. They said yes, and they should have been here by now, so they sent out two more, for good measure.

Ive never had slow shipping on anything on ebay, and only a few bad experiences, all of which were fixed by paypal.

You also have to realise that a lot of the small business are doing this as a side job. If they get a huge amount of orders or whatnot they just don't have the man power to get stuff out quickly.

DrMoab said:
You also have to realise that a lot of the small business are doing this as a side job. If they get a huge amount of orders or whatnot they just don't have the man power to get stuff out quickly.

While this is true...I still think it's unprofessional or just kinda crappy (if it's not their PROFESSION) to treat a fellow wheeler that way. I ordered a rear bumper and sliders from a guy in the first week of December. He said he was a bit behind then and I said no sweat. It was too cold to install or even paint it anywho. I have sent several emails to him and never heard back. I feel I have been more than patient and way more than courteous. I don't believe I have ever referred to his "company" in public (I have in a few PM's). I don't want lip service from anyone but I do like to be treated fairly and not lied to. If you tell me an invoice was written and I am in line...great. DO IT. If you are way too busy at the time of the order...please tell me that and don't lead me to believe (and get excited) that I'm getting a cool product. I'm going on 3.5 months now and since I haven't heard from the guy since the initial order, I can assume that he doesn't want my 1000 dollars.

Ebay is cool but I really do prefer, and believe in, supporting your local businesses. I used to manage a bike shop and I hated it when people would get information outta me and then tell me that they were going to mail order the product. I might have had someone walk out b/c I was busy dealing with that nonsense.

Back