• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spark Plugs 2000 XJ - Only find NGK Nickel plugs no copper.

Mtb Jak

NAXJA Forum User
Like the tittle states I have been only able to find them in nickel? Is this the same?

The Part number is 7252 FR5-1 V-Power Spark Plug and I went to Oriellys and sure enough I got the Nickel ones, where are the copper ones everyone talks about?

What are people using in their 2000+ now? all the threads are getting old and the plugs are getting discontinued.

:repair:

After some late night searching I found them.

For 2000-2001 spark plugs you want:

NGK (3459) ZFR5N V-Power Copper and what came from the factory.

Not what the parts guy said was the "same" these are actually what came from the factory, oriellys told me they were the same. So I got 7252 FR5-1 V-Power Spark Plug at the store that are Nickel. They were both 4 dollars each and I got free shipping (Amazon Prime). I have had consistent bad experiences there, Fred Myer has cheaper fluids than them so I don't think I will need to ever go back.

I believe the V power nickel is nickel over copper. These should be fine.

They are in fact different. That is what the parts guy was dead set on and I believed him. :banghead:

Return Time.

Looks like RockAuto is the cheapest source. I ordered them from Amazon (6) for about 24 something shipped but free two day shipping is always golden and I plan on doing this all on the weekend.

Back