• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fact or fiction?

BRPL XJ

NAXJA Forum User
is it true that a few late model 96's came with 29 spline 8.25's instead of 27? i heard that a while back and dont know if its true. i swapped my 8.25 out and need to know b/c i might be able to get a few more bucks when i sell it. my xj was built in sept 96 and i think that was close to the end of production but maybe im wrong. does anyone know? i would just take the axle apart but its sittin at a shop thats an hour away. thanks

Drew

Last edited:
BRPL XJ said:
is it true that s few late model 96's came with 29 spline 8.25's instead of 27? i heard that a while back and dont know if its true. i swapped my 8.25 out and need to know b/c i might be able to get a few more bucks when i sell it. my xj was built in sept 96 and i think that was close to the end of production but maybe im wrong. does anyone know? i would just take the axle apart but its sittin at a shop thats an hour away. thanks

Drew
While it is true that most late 96 xj's came with the 29 spline short of counting the splines you will never really know positively as I've heard of late year xj's with 27 spline (possibly they might have found some axles that they originally misplaced or mislabeled or something).

i guess i'll just take it apart and count the splines, maybe i got lucky and have a 29

Back