• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

06 F.F. weather report

Geepfreak

NAXJA Forum User
7:15 am. Weather sucks!
Raining, but should stop by noon..

I'm home, but we ran all of Golden Spike in Friday's nasty rain. It was gorgeous - waterfalls were everywhere and all the colors were bold and vivid. It wasn't much harder with the rocks covered with water, we still had plenty of traction.

I'd never seen the golden crack with a foot of water rushing down it, there was a big stream flowing into it pointed right at your grill as you went through. The whole trail was certainly a unique experience. I'm glad we ended up running it during the rain.

What I'm not grateful for was having the rain soak all our belongings in our tent. Sleeping bags, pillows, clothes, my laptop (eek)... all soaked. There was not a vacant hotel room to be found in Moab, so we had to head out of town a day early. And to think - I'm supposed to be leading Behind the Rocks, my favorite trail, as I'm typing this. Nuts.

Jared:patriot:

Back