• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Niagara Rim trail?

Gary Briggs

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone ever explore this trail? Based off what I'm reading I'm sure my jeep can handle it, however I'm bringing my buddy and his 2012 TRD tacoma. He's got a rear locker but it's basically stock.

How much rig is necessary to run this trail.

Anyone ever explore this trail? Based off what I'm reading I'm sure my jeep can handle it, however I'm bringing my buddy and his 2012 TRD tacoma. He's got a rear locker but it's basically stock.

How much rig is necessary to run this trail.

You guys will be fine. Trail is easy but has optional sections to have some fun along the way.

The trail itself is pretty easy. It's the bypasses that are hard . I might go up for a day run soon to play on some of the obstacles. I have friends ups there

I'm going to the rim in about 30 mins..

Thanks for the tip, I don't think I'd run some of that stuff until I get my lockers. Looks like there's alternate routes around the really gnarly stuff

Im jealous. I wish I could go.

Well had fun checking out the bit of the trail I got to see. Went in thru no way out hill then down hard brake then over to lions butt played around a lil there cus I couldn't find the way out then moved on to the rock pile. Headed down the easy way to the bottom then it happened. **** manzanita tree stumps. I drove over a manzanita stump and ripped open the sidewall of my right rear tire. The worst part is I have no spare. So a text to Chris asking for some help and he was luckily willing to drive up and let me use his spare. Now I know normal car spares are either tiny donuts or the same size. It worked out for me to be the opposite. Threw his 33 spare on the front and headed home. I will be back rock pile...........

I've had to work the previous two weekends, I've got a wedding this weekend, starting to feel like I'm never gonna be able to get an opportunity to hit the trail.

ill be there this weekend. Family camping trip up the highway at clark fork. Hopefully going to hit the trail on Friday.

ill be there this weekend. Family camping trip up the highway at clark fork. Hopefully going to hit the trail on Friday.

what about Sierra Fest ?

I'm not sure if we plan to hit the trail Friday or Saturday or both. Plans to either camp at the niagra rim camp ground or at Fraser flats camp ground.

Do yourself a favor and drive right past Fraser flat and head down to Sand Bar Flat. Muuuuuccccchhhhh nicer campground, on 10/12 spots spread apart nicely!

Were gonna camp up at relief resavoir when we hit the rim.

Back