• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weather Report

XJosh95

NAXJA Forum User
The Weather Channel app my phone has goes up to a 10 day forecast. So far, Feb 24th is looking like a high of 41 low of 31 and 0% precipitation in Attica. Not too bad yet. Another week could be even better! Especially since as of today at 15:25 it is 37* with rain.

Hoping for it to be nice, but it's not the most important part of it all. I just don't like standing at the fire and having one side of my body boil while the other side freezes.

As long as there is no floating air mattress this year I am happy!

If it is warm enough, plan is to tent camp. If it is cold, I will find somewhere to store my tools and have the back seat bottom out of my XJ and sleep in the back there.

so far according to the weather thing they have on the campground website, we should be in the mid 40's through the weekend

The way the weather has been this year fingers crossed it is not wet. Last year with the pouring rain and driving wind that tunred into a blizzard on the way home after the banquet..lets say was interesting....Hell we bought a tent to handle those conditons after that trip.

accuweather shows..to add to Fullsizexj....mid 40's no rain ...rain stopping on Teusday

The way the weather has been this year fingers crossed it is not wet. Last year with the pouring rain and driving wind that tunred into a blizzard on the way home after the banquet..lets say was interesting....Hell we bought a tent to handle those conditons after that trip.

accuweather shows..to add to Fullsizexj....mid 40's no rain ...rain stopping on Teusday

That trip home proved my new set of AT's worthy

No kidding that last year's weather late Saturday night and Sunday morning was more than a little unpleasant. I rolled north out of Attica around 0600 on Sunday morning with the Dodge, and a trailered Heep. I spent most of the time in 4wd on a sheet of glare ice almost to the Chicago 'burbs, and moving very slowly.

As far as this year, I'll start watching the weather less than a week out. Trends are all well and good, but you can't predict precipitation with any detail this far out.

It wouldn't be Winterfest if it wasn't cold and muddy!

I'm still hoping for warm and dry.

If I wasn't camping potentially in a tent, I wouldn't mind the cold, but 70° sounds good for tent camping.

Back