• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

I will put my money on Milwaukee.

My collection of Dewalt are being fazed out/sold on Craig's List.

More well rounded in a tool supplier for all skilled traits than some other. Plumbing, dialectical, carpenter, and mechanical applications.

Looks like they sponsored a guy tell he handed out donuts to fans going against there EAT Healthy stance.

Did Daniel Suarez seriously lose his Subway sponsorship because he gave out free donuts to fans? There is more to this, right? That seems like a very petty reason for a sponsor to leave.

--Paul

This is not a story The Onion crafted. Subway really pulled its sponsorship of Daniel Suarez because the rookie driver took part in a televised NBC Sports segment where he handed out Dunkin’ Donuts to fans at New Hampshire Motor Speedway in July.

Subway believed Suarez was promoting a competitor — both companies make breakfast sandwiches — and therefore he violated the terms of his contract. But it’s not as clear-cut as a simple misstep by a young driver, who perhaps should’ve been more mindful.

Multiple sources confirmed to SB Nation Subway executives had discussions on disassociating itself with Suarez and Joe Gibbs Racing as far back as early this summer and had even engaged in discussions with other teams. And after executives saw the video, they had an out handed to them on a six-inch hoagie roll as to why they should sever the relationship.

What defies logic is why Subway would go this route and publicly yank its sponsorship when it only had one race remaining (Oct. 15 at Talladega Superspeedway). The decision created considerable backlash, ultimately drawing negative attention to a topic that wouldn’t have existed had the company not publicly disclosed it. How everything unfolded is a textbook example on how to turn a rather small story into something far greater and, in the process, come out looking incredibly foolish

Did Daniel Suarez seriously lose his Subway sponsorship because he gave out free donuts to fans? There is more to this, right? That seems like a very petty reason for a sponsor to leave.

--Paul

This is not a story The Onion crafted. Subway really pulled its sponsorship of Daniel Suarez because the rookie driver took part in a televised NBC Sports segment where he handed out Dunkin’ Donuts to fans at New Hampshire Motor Speedway in July.

Subway believed Suarez was promoting a competitor — both companies make breakfast sandwiches — and therefore he violated the terms of his contract. But it’s not as clear-cut as a simple misstep by a young driver, who perhaps should’ve been more mindful.

Multiple sources confirmed to SB Nation Subway executives had discussions on disassociating itself with Suarez and Joe Gibbs Racing as far back as early this summer and had even engaged in discussions with other teams. And after executives saw the video, they had an out handed to them on a six-inch hoagie roll as to why they should sever the relationship.

What defies logic is why Subway would go this route and publicly yank its sponsorship when it only had one race remaining (Oct. 15 at Talladega Superspeedway). The decision created considerable backlash, ultimately drawing negative attention to a topic that wouldn’t have existed had the company not publicly disclosed it. How everything unfolded is a textbook example on how to turn a rather small story into something far greater and, in the process, come out looking incredibly foolish

They should look into sponsoring Bubba Smollet for Subway.

I've been watching the low life criminals masquerading as protesting activists as they destroy statues and property and can't help but ask the question why aren't these groups being charged with felonies and given some kind if time either jail time or community services cleaning up their messes... hmmm , maybe it's a privilege that allows this behavior without consequences ;-)

Come December I'll be heading up a rally to get the words to ...a "White Christmas " dealt with ... clearly it's a dog whistle .

Last edited:
Lol... bought a kobalt jobsite box for what was my back seat ... it's only 32 wide but I left the feet that put on it for forklift pick up an that makes it like 20 inches tall , so I'm either cutting the feet off at the welds so it sits flat or find some other use for it .

I dumped the oil on the jeep the oil and filter despite the age seemed good it was not very old just put dated by time ... The noise that sounds like engine internal noise I think might be exhaust manifold noise it sounds sorta like the knocking rock my commanders hemi makes due to a couple broken exhaust bolts and goes away after about 5 minutes run time as things expand.

Lol... bought a kobalt jobsite box for what was my back seat ... it's only 32 wide but I left the feet that put on it for forklift pick up an that makes it like 20 inches tall , so I'm either cutting the feet off at the welds so it sits flat or find some other use for it .

I dumped the oil on the jeep the oil and filter despite the age seemed good it was not very old just put dated by time ... The noise that sounds like engine internal noise I think might be exhaust manifold noise it sounds sorta like the knocking rock my commanders hemi makes due to a couple broken exhaust bolts and goes away after about 5 minutes run time as things expand.

Last couple times listening to the engine I waited until it was warm to touch things so I had gloves on but this time I only ran it for a couple seconds at a time so it was cool enough not burn myself and could easily feel exhaust exiting from the back side of the header down pipe just before the collector. So knock is not a knock but exhaust noise. I also found the inspection plate tapping tje flexplate ... It's going to have to run crappy until after the 4th when I can pull it and fix it . It's obviously not going to run quite perfect in closed loop since the exhaust is bypassing before the upstream o2 .

Anyone here buy aftermarket headers ? I'm just looking to see if there is better set than OEM that might not crack for awhile . I don't want anything for performance it's a stock 4.0 and stick pipes flow plenty for 180 go ,but I don't want any fitment surprises with non OEM so just wondering if anyone here has bough from aftermarket and had a no issues bolt on ?

I did a banks for my 3rd one. Its been great, though they are priced high. Built to perform,but also to not be prone to crack at the collect like normal. No fitment issues, flange height is right on the money. one nut is a bit tight of a fit to get to by 4/5 cylinder.

My e-motions equipment is now getting pretty old on my Dodge, so I think I'm going to upgrade it with the best catalytic converter, dpf and egr set up EFI live offers ...lol... basicly a giant straight pipe right off the back of the turbo:)

Just pulled trigger on EFI live and full emissions delete. My get valve is sticking it causes a loss of power and likes to make the engine run warm . I figure the truck jasc180k on it so rather than replace the old emissions shit that are unfriendly anyway especially if you run a tune that it's money better spent deleting these items . I will save them so if I sell it I can put them back on should the buyer need to do emissions. EGO live tuning is badicly so clean there is zero black smoke anyway so no one will know it's deleted besides it being louder.

Don't have much in the way of pictures (yet), but ran Carnage Canyon in Buena Vista this last weekend.

Ran it up, turned around and dropped back down in and did it backwards.

Got to tow a completely dead TJ buggy about 2/3rds the way back down...and it went surprisingly well...only took about an hour.

Then once we got done, went and did a run through Chinamans.

Finished off the day with some beer and grub at Eddyline.

Great day with great people.

Was a good run (for me at least), cleaned everything and did a "newer" line on the waterfall.

Some of our group:

50057030571_08b433335f_c.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Looks like fun. Almost makes me wish I fully hacked mine up. But then it'd never be done haha. Maybe I'll be ready in a month or so...

I plan to whee fool body this year then I plan to cut the body away from behind the front seats to the hatch and and bring the tube down low and inti a dove tail . It will be all tube minus the windshield frame and about 3 ft of roof left . A full body + internal+ exo is approaching 6,000lbs I can cut most everything away leaving a sub frame and engine bay and replace with .120 wall dom and shed a lot of weight up high.

Back