• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hooligan rocker kit

Nimrod

Degenerate Jeeper
NAXJA Member
I want to get rid of the really inadequate sliders that came with my rig when I bought it and upgrade to a 2x6 rocker replacement setup. I’ve read a bunch of write-ups and watched a bunch of YouTube videos on the subject, but am leaning toward buying the Hooligan Off Road kit because it looks like it takes most of the brain work out of it. (See the link below.) I’m also thinking that I may want to tie the 2x6s into the frame rails with some additional supports for added rigidity, although I guess if I were to do that then maybe there’s no good reason to use the Hooligan kit at all.

I’ve searched NAXJA (and Google, generally) but I don’t find any write-ups from anyone who has installed the Hooligan kit. Has anyone here used the Hooligan rocker kit? If so, do you recommend it? Or, if you had it to do over again would you save the money and just fab the whole project up from scratch? If you have installed the kit, do you have any tips or advice to share based on your experience?

Here’s the kit, for anyone not familiar with it. https://www.hooliganoffroad.com/products/xj-2x6-rocker-replacement-kit

Thanks. I didn’t know anyone sells those pre-made. But at that price, I think I’d just as soon make my own.

Back