• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3" lift opinions

dark92xj

NAXJA Forum User
Well after months of searching I got myself a nice chili pepper red 98 xj. First things first, needs a lift! Rear springs are inverted YUCK. So I need everyones help in deciding which 3" lift to go with. I pieced used parts together on my old 92 xj for about a 4.5" lift. I want to do it right this time and will be buying a brand new lift. (3 inch for now). Just looking for opinions on which 3" lift to get...money isnt an issue unless we're talking $1000+

I don't think that piecing together a lift kit is necessarily the wrong way to go. You get to pick the best parts then. Plus, it's easy to get a hold of used parts that are in decent shape and you'll save a lot of money. My problem with most kits is there is always something I don't want in them, or something that is not included.

My first thought was to say BDS, but their 3" kit doesn't include a full spring pack or control arms. I think you can have them or their dealers piece a better kit together though. They have a great warranty.

RE 3.5" Superflex kit: http://www.seriousoffroadproducts.c...nfo&cPath=419_420_1172_1176&products_id=86099

Or maybe OME: http://dpgoffroad.com/products/3-inch-deluxe-xj-kit/

Just recently did a.3.5 RE Superflex with full leaf packs and I am extremely happy with the results. I havent been off road with it yet but I drive fairly aggressive and have it seems to be flawless the only thing i would say is that if you shim the rear axle you will want to buy new centering pins if you use RE shims.

I bought the zone 3" kit and installed it about a month or so ago, its super cheap, and its a 3"...that's about all there is to say. It rides a little stiff, most add-a-leafs do, but for 170 bucks you can't complain. And you don't need an adjustable trac bar if you redrill the axle side mounting hole

Eh like I said, I really want to do this one right so I'll prob go with a new Re superflex 3.5" kit and buy an adjustable track bar from Re. Any reason for jks adjustable track bar over the RE one?

x3 He's even been know to help work on your heap on the trail.

I never needed a SYE up to 4.5"

I'll be doing one on my 242 with the 4.5" lift but only because I found one for retard cheap. That's right, retard cheap. And I haven't even started jewing him down yet. :D

Anyone have an opinion on the zone 3" lift? The RE 3.5" looks like a great kit...but do you need an adjustable track bar?
YES DO NOT REDRILL THE HOLE!!! (look at pics of redrilled holes and tell me you trust it. Do it right the first time)

3.5" if plenty enough lift for most tire sizes if you dont mind trimming.
Piecing it together is a good way to go.
I think RE superflex kits are good, the leafs are a bit stiff tho. Feel like Add a leafs. Shocks make a huge difference too. So look into good shocks as well.

Back