• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2001 xj factory cruise retrofit not working after install

Childress97

NAXJA Forum User
Hello all,

I recently acquired a 2001 XJ and have been trying to install factory cruise control due to my sport trim not having it. I did my research or so I though, and acquired a 01 cruise button assembly, a 1998 clockspring with cruise, and a 1998 cruise vacuum actuator.

I just finished up installing everything today and it is not working at all. I get no light on the dash and the buttons do nothing. I cleaned off the contacts of the switches and verified they are indeed a AD* coded part. Also my horn still works and I dont have an airbag light on so I think my clockspring is working. What else could this be? I'm leaning towards a broken wire somewhere but I dont know.

I researched this issue before had and came up empty handed so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Andrew

Well, I know that on mine when I tried to install fog lights, the factory flog light electrical connectors were there, along with the switch connector behind the bezel. The only difference is that the front harness didn't have the wires. So although all the connectors were there and it all plugged in (and yes, I put the fuse in the PDC) it just didn't have the wiring.

Best thing to do is to see if you're getting power and ground to the right places and go from there.

1997-2001 factory CC retrofit is plug and play, factory fog lamps are not. Consider that the donor switch assembly might be faulty, or that the CC wire/connector on the airbag might be faulty.

1997-98 use different part number switches than do 1999-01, and the switches do not interchange.

1997-98 part numbers are 5600 7530AC and 5600 7531AC

1999-01 part numbers are 5600 7530AD and 5600 7531AD.

See this thread for more info >> https://www.naxja.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-1038194.html

Last edited:
Back