• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Longer brake lines

I've got wrangler lines on my XJ and they are plenty long enough.
Wrangler lines are a pretty common mod.
IIRC, I went to the parts counter and asked for 95 Wrasngler front brake hoses.

HTH

Hale

I used the YJ lines for three years until a recent project made them too short for my Jeep. I have a table made http://www.grobe.us./Jeep/Tech/Drivetrain/Brakes/rubberhose/ExtendedBrakeHoses.htm that says the YJ lines are only 2.5" longer than stock Cherokee.

Oddly enough they worked fine on my 4" lift with long arms. Another thing that you can try is moving the hard line further down the frame. You can gain an inch or two that way, although I haven't ever done so myself.

Ultimately the YJ lines are a good choice for your size lift.

MGrobe said:
I used the YJ lines for three years until a recent project made them too short for my Jeep. I have a table made http://www.grobe.us./Jeep/Tech/Drivetrain/Brakes/rubberhose/ExtendedBrakeHoses.htm that says the YJ lines are only 2.5" longer than stock Cherokee.

Oddly enough they worked fine on my 4" lift with long arms. Another thing that you can try is moving the hard line further down the frame. You can gain an inch or two that way, although I haven't ever done so myself.

Ultimately the YJ lines are a good choice for your size lift.

I should have pointed out the hard line relocation. Thanks for mentioning that.
I have done that with the YJ lines and it works great for me at 5 1/2".

Hale

No problem Haleyes. I usually don't mention it because most vehicles have rubber hoses that probably could use to be replaced. And/or fluid that could use a good flush so IMO it is best to plan on a longer set of hoses first.

i used the gm truck lines for 6.5 inches of lift and they are more than long enough. i can unseat a coil before the hoses are even close to being tight. but if your only at 3.5 i would go with the yj lines. should be perfect for your lift.

Back