• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Uwharrie Dec. 15 Anyone?

G

I will be there with a few from Greensboro, meeting at the outpost about 9:30 to 10. Then going to 4mile loop in Greensboro with a group on Sun the 16th. This place is small but offers much more challenging rocks than Uwharrie, anyone is welcome.

I'll see you at Uwharrie Saturday, but I dunno if my "little" Jeep is up for serious rockin without dual lockers :oops:

Woody

hows the t case holding out woody? did you end up swappin out the 242 for your 231, or are we gonna start placing bets on how far the ash tray shoots out :)

Hunter

LMAO I forgot about that :shock: Ya KNOW you are Gettin It when...the ashtray blasts out of the dashboard! Glad I had a witness!

Ya that 242 is on 'standby', and the one I replaced it with went Ka-Boom too (within feet) :wink: so I cannibalized the MJ for it's 231 and it's done fine so far...still a 2WD, just got em spinnin on oposing corners now :oops:

I am gonna get 'real' 4x4 again one of these days...and then I can re-learn Treading Lightly Principles. Until then: Just Nail It!

A Mudfest!

not as bad as last weekend (surprising with the rainstorm we had all day yesterday) but still lots of fun in the muck.

I took my 8 yo granddaughter, and we we got to the Outpost maybe 15 min too late to meet BigWoody & friends :oops: so we just oozed around the place by ourself. Other than a couple tame connector trails, we rode the whole park in 4 great hours!

There were only a few small groups of 4x4s & quads that we passed. Met a pair of neat old flattys coming up Daniel as we were descending, and a couple Rovers & a TJ on Dutch John. One kid had a 'nice' restored LWB Land Rover PU(?) Flat tan with tan canvas top. Looked like Marlin Perkins Jr up in the Wild Kingdom LOL

FWIW I tried twice for the Dutch John Hillclimb, but no-go :cry: we made it as far as a Chevy on BIG tsls, doubler, locked ton axles etc did last weekend though, so it's all good. Just Nailing It doesn't do any good sometimes, LOL at least it didn't do any harm.

Anyways Amber had a blast on her first 'real' Jeepin trip in a long while and we look forward to doing it again in April.

NAXJA was represented well. After watching truck and jeep one after another try rocky mountain loop only to do the bypass, I beat and bangged up through there and drove over kodak rock in the mud after 5 or 6 full throttle tries. The last(I was told) brought both front tires in the neighborhood of 2 to 3 feet off the ground.Thanks to Dan at Tennessee Off Road for the quick shipment of the beedlocks and CTM joints for the warn shafts.I really tried hard to see if the shatfs or joints would break, no such luck.Now I just need a new front 44 cover its a little beat up.On to Telico the 26th

LOL @ BIGWOODY... Bravo man! That little strech of RockyMountl has got alot worse this past season. Muddiness makes it happier :twisted: Anyone who go it today has my "No Brain-No pain" award! Dammit but I used to have my way with all the ways up that pile last year. Somedays Kitty, Somedays Litterbox?

I might be up for another trip up there tomorrow, even though I hosed the Jeep off this evening? $5 and some fuel is cheap for that kind of entertainment.

Also Tellico @ after XMAS seems doable...anyone else up for a Mud Flog?

Woody

Back