• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where is the headlamp switch??

Are you serious,you dont know how to turn the haedlights on???:roll:

ita that knob to the left of the steering wheel probably 8 o clock...... has a light bulb on it. its round...you pull it one click for parking lights and two for headlights. to change to high and low beams theres a stick coming from the steering column that you pull and push. hope this helps

im not sure this will help since its not a 97+ but i thought you might be able to decipher it
1989-jeep-cherokee-dash-of-my-new-j.jpg

that whole dash trim bezel or what ever you call it will need to be pulled. you ,ight be able to just pull that one area back but id pull the whole thing. there are some screws if i recall correctly but you mainly have to work it out. its held in with tabs and christmas trees and junk like that

There are four screws holding it in, plus push tabs - the screws are on the undersides of the ledges over the headlamp switch and cigarette lighter, and over the gauge cluster as I recall. The easiest way BY FAR to get it out without too much cursing and risk of breakage is to carefully unscrew/unclip the shroud off the steering column first, and put the steering wheel as low as you can if you have a tilt wheel. Once you have all that out of the way, and the screws pulled, you can carefully pry the tabs out around the radio and climate control panel and it should just pop off and tilt back / slide out.

yea what kastien said. not too bad. You will have to force the nobby through the hole in the dash trim though i think. unless there is a way to remove the light switch nobby.. if not it takes a bit of tender loving force and maybe a broken thumbnail.

There should be a release for the knob/shaft on the side of the switch itself, which makes removing the IP bezel easier- I didn't realize this, and after prying it over the knob, used a Dremel to enlarge the hole just enough to fit over the knob without much trouble. Like so many others, I should have searched first...

Back