• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

hub buster?

Or people use the socket method putting a socket between the hub and the inner c and turning the wheel to knock the unit bearing loose.

Being in a rust-free area, I've always been able to remove my unit bearings by hand.

i would try the slide hammer or impact wrench but i have neither. but what i do have is a metal shop in school with free square stock and 1/4 plate with welders and whatever else ill need to i figured id try and make what was in the video.. i could try using a sacrificial bolt if it gives me to much trouble thanks

i use a chisel to seperate the bearing from the knuckle.use antiseize when you reasemble and they will come out easier next time cause there is always a next time with a dana 30.

just go to the hardware store with one of your hub bolts, get 3 that are a inch longer, thread them in a little and take a hammer to them

I would only use a slide hammer on the wheel studs if I was planning on replacing the hub. You're pulling through the bearing on the inside race, when it's the outside race that's stuck in place.

I used sacrificial 13mm socket, and beat the hell out of it.

I've heard of using deep socket and let the power steering do the work for you against the inner C.

Mine now come out easily as I use anti-seize on most everything now

Back