• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Built '67 Commando (C-101), $10,500

Bud101

NAXJA Forum User
I hate to do it, but I haven't had the time to enjoy her since the baby has come. It is time to pass the torch to someone else in need of a vehicle built right the first time around, at my expense. I have spent the last three years building this great Commando, and I couldn't be more pleased with the way she performs on and off road. First picture was at the Snakes, before the interior was done. Below is a list of everything:

1967 Jeepster Commando C-101 w/ CJ front clip:
Motor/Trans/T-case: ($4K invested)
- LT1 350/5.7L (TPI-Tuned Port Injection) completely resealed. New: Computer, PROM & MAF, New Injectors, Starter, Alternator, O2 sensor, external fuel pump; Hooker headers, Griffin Aluminum Radiator, Slim Electric Fan w/ Temp sensor, Trans Cooler w/ electric fan
- TH350 Trans (newly rebuilt by TSO in Roy), shift kit, extra-deep aluminum pan
- Dana 300 t-case with HD rear output w/ flange, twin stick, 4:1 gearing, Novak adapter to TH350
Axles: ($3K invested) Full Width
- ¾ ton HD D-44 Front, 4:56 gears, master rebuild kit, Lock-Right locker, Randy’s Yukon chromoly axle shafts & chromoly u-joints, high steer set up, AGR hydraulic assist (pump, ram and box), Blue Torch Diff cover, spare shafts, new brakes, Evco extended brake lines, new bearings, Warn HD hubs, new ball joints
- 14-Bolt rear, shaved bottom, 4:56 gears, Detroit, Blue Torch diff cover, new brake cylinders, spare shafts
Suspension: ($2K invested)
- Long travel custom Spring-Over F/R, shackle reversal, Rancho shocks, 102.5” wheel base
- Tom Woods HD Long-travel drivelines
Interior: ($2K invested)
- Custom 6-point cage through the dash, 4-sets of harnesses, TJ seats F/R, shaved B&M shifter (quick Forward to Reverse action), Tuffy center console with Pioneer CD player mounted inside, Hi-Lift jack mount point, tons of room for storage, full doors, original hardtop (& spare glass)
Wheels/Tires: ($2K invested)
- 4- 17x9 Stock Dodge Steel Rims (currently on it, w/ flares makes it close enough for street legal)
- 4- 17x9 FTM Beadlocks with Alum rings
- 5- 37” BFG Krawlers Blue Dot in great shape (spare has side wall patch though)
Extras: ($3K invested)
- Warn 12,000 winch, cold air intake, custom bulletproof cross-member, rock sliders, rear bumper with receiver, custom steering shaft assembly with Grant quick-disconnect steering wheel, Flow Master muffler w/ custom exhaust (fully wrapped F-R), custom high clearance steel fuel tank, 7” fender flares
Total Invested in Parts (not including labor or value of Jeep): ~$16K
$10,500, firm. Located in Syracuse, UT.

Here's a link for pics: http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=4769292&lpid=&cat=402

Last edited:
that thing is badass. I wish I had the money

Back