• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Longer slip yoke

:idea:Long Slip Yoke XJ NP231

Pre-96 Jeep Cherokee

Part # RUB-RE1822
Extended Cherokee slip yoke adds 5/8" of length and most importantly sufficient operating angle to avoid driveshaft bind on lifted vehicles. A must for any lifted pre-1996 Cherokee where a CV driveshaft kit is not utilized. An easy install.

So I plan on going up about 1 inch and I have a perfect driveshaft angle right now but Im wondering if this might keep my D.S from falling out .Has anyone used this before ?I dont have the coin for a sye at this time but plan on it in the future

:idea:Long Slip Yoke XJ NP231

Pre-96 Jeep Cherokee

Part # RUB-RE1822
Extended Cherokee slip yoke adds 5/8" of length and most importantly sufficient operating angle to avoid driveshaft bind on lifted vehicles. A must for any lifted pre-1996 Cherokee where a CV driveshaft kit is not utilized. An easy install.

So I plan on going up about 1 inch and I have a perfect driveshaft angle right now but Im wondering if this might keep my D.S from falling out .Has anyone used this before ?I dont have the coin for a sye at this time but plan on it in the future

I had one years ago. How much lift do you have and what is providing the lift in the back (aal, leaf pack, shackle, etc) ?

Have you tried getting your Jeep to full extention in the back to see if you have an issue with both loosing the slip yoke and usually more common binding of the slip yoke (this is the more common bigger fix).

You can grind your stock slip yoke if it is long enough, if not this might be a good fix. You can get them from YJ's also and Rusty's use to sell them also.

Michael

I have about 4.5' via 2.5' re leafs and 2' shackle ,My springs are sagging badly so Im gonna put an eye leaf in to fix the sag thinking about 1' to 1.5' is all
I should get .I have 6 degree shims and a 1' t-case drop .Im worried about it falling out more than binding ....Yj huh how much longer or is it this part number ?

I have about 4.5' via 2.5' re leafs and 2' shackle ,My springs are sagging badly so Im gonna put an eye leaf in to fix the sag thinking about 1' to 1.5' is all
I should get .I have 6 degree shims and a 1' t-case drop .Im worried about it falling out more than binding ....Yj huh how much longer or is it this part number ?

I would install a H&T with a front shaft in the rear if I were you. I did it to mine and works very well and not a huge amount of money. I think I am into the whole setup $100.00

Dave

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think you will need it.

I ran 4" of lift with the stock slipyoke for years. no issues, no bind, no risk of it falling out.

and if you do you might as well just go with a hack-n-tap SYE with a front driveshaft out of an auto XJ.

The one you listed is the same as the YJ.
At your lift I would be shocked if it could fall out. Fully droop the back end and measure how much is left (I suspect you will be fine).

Binding is normally the larger issue, but with your shims and TC drop that probably wouldn't be an issue.

I would double check as described above and save up for a new SYE and shaft like Dave mentioned.

Michael

I`ve ran my 91 with 4 in lift for 9 years and the stock rear drive line .The only time it fell out was when the u-joint broke. If you have the stock driveline measure it and measure any that you get to make sure they are the same . A little longer Not more than 1 in won`t hurt ,you don`t want any shorter .I have found different length ones.

I will have about 5 or 5.5 with the aal and right now when at full droop I have 1' before it falls out maybe a little more but its not easy using a tape with a broken wrist or lower thumb on the oppisit side as my bumb shoulder .And I h ave done just fine with 4.5 and no bind or falling out its been this way for 6 or 7 years

Back