• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

memorial day weekend

1xfloppy

NAXJA Forum User
whats everyone doing? i should have my good tires on by then, and i would like to go and wheel a bit...would anyone be up for a run that weekend?

Memorial Day weekend is Motocross season opener, at Glen Helen in San bernardino. Any of you motoheads should come down and have some fun. Saturday is practice from 3pm to dark. Sunday is pretty much all day racing.

Hdr is that weekend as usuall but I don't recomend going unless you like big crowded slow runs full off guys who buy toys like we buy beer. In the past the wife and I go up early sat morning offload and go explore, last year we logged 72 miles on the gps before we called it quits and hit the slashx

interesting...if no one wants to do a run maybe ill just get some work done on the jeep...im going to need to do some trimming when i put the 33's on...i was thinking maybe a cleghorn run...but if no one is interested maybe we can get a meet and greet together and bs/work on jeeps somewhere!

Are you thinking on memorial day or just the weekend of? I'd be interested in meeting some place for a bbq like sunday hell might even have the wifes new swag installed by then

just the weekend uf...i just dont wanna hang out on base for an extended weekend...i wanted to see what everyone else was up to and figured maybe get something going...whether its wheeling, wrenching, or even a bbq...

well as far as now i have nothing to do the entire 4 days off, so wheeling, partying and wrenching is fine with me! maybe since i missed socal fest i may just see if anyone wants to run big bear or something!

I'd be in for a cleghorn run. or maybe even hit up cleghammer.

xtimmax said:
I'd be in for a cleghorn run. or maybe even hit up cleghammer.
hell I think I would be up for that, but ill have to do a bit of trimming before hand...

tuesdaysfall said:
hell I think I would be up for that, but ill have to do a bit of trimming before hand...

Trimming doesnt take that long you know. Maybe an hour at the most, a little longer if your careful...

One of my Nieces is getting married in Grand Junction Co. during the Memorial Weekend. I couldn't be happier for her, although young, her soon-to-be husband is a lifetime off-roader! The wife and I are heading up there and taking a quick side trip to Moab (we have never been there.)

I'll post up some fresh picts of Moab when we get back.

Rick

Jump This said:
One of my Nieces is getting married in Grand Junction Co. during the Memorial Weekend. I couldn't be happier for her, although young, her soon-to-be husband is a lifetime off-roader! The wife and I are heading up there and taking a quick side trip to Moab (we have never been there.)

I'll post up some fresh picts of Moab when we get back.

Rick

Make sure you stop by Offroad design and say hi to my Buddy Tom Cherry. Heck, if you take your rig with you, he can hook you up with a run. He was on Extreme doing Holy Cross trail, something like 11k feet up. We grew up together, I about crapped when I saw him on Extreme.

markw said:
Make sure you stop by Offroad design and say hi to my Buddy Tom Cherry. Heck, if you take your rig with you, he can hook you up with a run. He was on Extreme doing Holy Cross trail, something like 11k feet up. We grew up together, I about crapped when I saw him on Extreme.

I plan on kicking around Moab for a couple of days. If I get a chance I'll stop bye.

I think they're just up the 70 from Grand Junction. Some of those colorado trails look bitchin. Tom's in Moab all the time, he may be coming out for the 25th in October.

tcm glx said:
More has a race up in Barstow I think...up for some fast running??
yeah I saw that thread...i may be up for that...hell its right in my backyard...id like to play a bit in jv too

Back