• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

APRIL 19th / 20th SLADE (RED RIVER GORGE)

BRIANHO13

<- Yum Chocolate
Well its that time of year again to get out there and start wheeling. This is the third year in a row heading out to Slade,KY in the spring. For those of you that have not been this is a beautiful area with wheeling to suite everyone’s needs. The camping is awesome.

I plan on showing up on the 18th to set up camp and wheel all day Saturday and some on Sunday. Put it on you calendar now.
:cheers:

Last edited:
If I'm going to make Moab in Oct. I'm going to have to refrain from any other runs. I will likely not ever get to Moab again, so I don't want to miss it. All of my pennies are going in my Moab fund. I really want to make a Slade run though. Maybe next year.

My goal is to go. I have to clear it with work though

My buddies climb down there a lot been wanting to go with them even though I can't climb(i have beckers Muscular Dystrophy) This may be a good chance to go. I hear Miguel's has some excellent pizza

I think I changed my mind.
Hey, why don't we roast a pig and shoot guns on this run?

woooooo bub sounds like fun i got a rifle i can bring and i think we can find a pig

Just because I think we could get away with doesn't mean I think we should.....

i am teasing man guessing that would be a bad idea

Yeah, Slade is a lot of fun. Don't be scared by Brian's big bad mochine either. There are plenty of fun trails that don't require fotey twos. I believe I've completed most trails there on 34s...

I'll be there.

yeah i will be sitting on 235s so i am kinda limited til i get some sliders and lockers

You will be just fine, this weekend is more about the scenery and campfire....

BRIANHO13 said:
Well its that time of year again to get out there and start wheeling. This is the third year in a row heading out to Slade,KY in the spring. For those of you that have not been this is a beautiful area with wheeling to suite everyone’s needs. The camping is awesome.

I plan on showing up on the 18th to set up camp and wheel all day Saturday and some on Sunday. Put it on you calendar now.
:cheers:

I bought a nice truck so I could tow something down for these little wheelin get togethers that were farther away then i was comfortable taking the vangina...would really like to check slade out...

but, that weekend I'll be towing a Branik buggy to Grey Rock, Alabama for the first XRRA east rock racing event of the season...

mac 'least i have a good excuse' gyvr

Slade is a lot of fun. i have been a couple of times and the last time I went we got stockers up carberator. I don't know if you can still get there or not but if you can and you have good spotters and some good driving you canmake it. Slade is a great place to trail ride

I have not run there yet, I would like to check it out
So there is camp ground what does it cost? Are there Facilities/showers there?
Also can you send me directions to the campground? I may have one or two others wheelers interested as well.

Back