• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Iron Range Off-Road Park in MN

bubba

NAXJA Forum User
How many of you have ever been to the only state run park in Minnesota. It is a great place to wheel. The park has played host to a Jeep Jamboree and to the Petersen's Ultimate Adventure (2004). Here is your chance to check out the park for free. The 3rd Saturday in May the State has waived the permit requirement for Off-Road Vehicles. It is a great way to check out the park. There will be free guided tours of the park, informational booths set up and a chance to meet some of your fellow wheelers from the north. Come on up and check it out. It has trails from mild to wild. Here are some pics:

100_0661.jpg

100_0839.jpg

a903f4e8.jpg

ca88c15a.jpg

I know the last two are TJ but they are still Jeeps.

Rev Den said:
Details?

Where is it?

Name?

Rev

Details: A day to explore Minnesota's State Run Off-Road park free of charge. There will be guided trail rides for anything from a Stock Honda CR-V to a custom built tube buggy. There will be informational booths from the MN Department of Natural Rsources, Treadlightly!, Blu Ribbon Coaliation, MN 4 Wheel Drive Association, and basic off-road driving clinics being put on.

Where is it: The off road park is located just outside the booming metropolis of Gilbert Minnesota, about an hour north of Duluth MN or 3 hours north of Minneapolis MN. It is a huge park with trails to suit anyone, from mud to rocks, hills, off-camber to spots that will make you pucker so bad you will need dental floss to get the upholstery out of your teeth.

Name: Gilbert OHV Park Open house.

There is normally a requirement that trucks and Jeeps buy a permit to use the park. The cost is $38.50 and it good for 3 years. The only other requirement is that your vehicle be able to pass the sound check at the park entrance. The Government passed a bill this year waiving the permit requirement for the 3rd Saturday in May every year. So the park will be open. Besides trails for Jeeps and Trucks there are trails for 4-wheeleres and Off-Road motorcycles.

If any of you know members of the club Fire Walkers they have been to the park a few times and they havd had fun.

I haven't been on the Naxja forum for a while, but I live 1 mile away from the park. The only reccomendation I have is if you like to spin the tires, bring plenty of spares. The sharp ore dumps tear them up. Also, the red iron ore dust will not EVER come out of your clothes or anything else it stains, so be prepared. I am on active duty in Hurricane alley in Florida, but I'll be back before next may. If you want to go offroading and raz H2 owners, they have a weekend of their own where rich folks take over the park and get their overpriced junk hung up. So those are my helpful hints. The park is a great opportunity. Sand, mud, ore dumps, water crossing, it has most every terrain. HAve fun!

bubba said:

wow

wonder what flex's more - the body or the suspention...

Back