• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

memorial day weekend

Stoney

NAXJA Forum User
whats everyone doing for memorial weekend?? hear the con has a lot of snow and mud(not good). anyone going anywhere cool?? i might be going to moonrocks i heard that place was pretty sick!

stoney

me and some buddys were goin to hollister. blah i know, but hollister is cool and close.

i have a group headed up to icehouse, probably won't run the con but we'll have lots of beer in camp and might play around on some fireroads and other little trails if there passable w/ the snow and all. everyone's invited the more the merrier.

Me, my wife and some buddies are heading down south to Big Bear. Were leaving Friday morning around 4:00am. Never been and not exactly sure where we are camping. Should be fun. CAN'T wait to get out of town.

lots of people are going to moonrocks as an alternative to the Rubicon or Fordyce, it will be crowded up there and the wheelin community is under close scrutiny. If you go, don't litter AT ALL and pick up any trash you see lying around.

I'll be going out near the blackrock desert a few hours north of Reno, i'll be stopping by moonrocks on the way wednesday and monday. say hi if ya see me

BrettM said:
lots of people are going to moonrocks as an alternative to the Rubicon or Fordyce, it will be crowded up there and the wheelin community is under close scrutiny. If you go, don't litter AT ALL and pick up any trash you see lying around.

I'll be going out near the blackrock desert a few hours north of Reno, i'll be stopping by moonrocks on the way wednesday and monday. say hi if ya see me

Are you pre-running Burning Man? :D

CRASH said:
Are you pre-running Burning Man? :D
you know it! I hear leaf springs are the way to go for pre-runnin :D

At least I've got the bumpstops tuned nicely now and 5100s up front...

We'll actually be in the hills and buttes, not on the flats. Real nice spot we go every year, nice fresh water spring with the best water I've ever tasted... soon soon, gettin excited, leavin tomorrow...

Don't let Filthy Phil near the water. He'll foul it for sure.

We're headed to Hell Hole Saturday morning.

CRASH

BrettM said:
you know it! I hear leaf springs are the way to go for pre-runnin :D

At least I've got the bumpstops tuned nicely now and 5100s up front...

We'll actually be in the hills and buttes, not on the flats. Real nice spot we go every year, nice fresh water spring with the best water I've ever tasted... soon soon, gettin excited, leavin tomorrow...

CRASH said:

CRASH

Me too. Never been there before.

We'll be on CB Channel 31.

Red TJ on 42's... with a Red TJ on 33's.. and maybe others

hey crash u going with anyone else? that one guy pete i talked to was going up there. i might go with him?!

kent

Workin on the Jeep!! Woo HOO!! so excited.

All you going wheeling wish you could be having as much fun as me!!!!!

thats ok, anyone want to go to pismo or bald mountain the weekend after?

Hopefully Bald won't be a snow run this weekend. A couple of us tried to go up there on the 16th after the Bretz Mill run via the road to Dinkey Creek. Hit snow at about 5500' and had to bust through a couple of drifts with the tow rig to get to a space to turn around. Lots of downed trees still blocking that road. Played around in the snow for a bit and turned around about 4 miles from the base of Bald as some of us had to get back and didn't have a chain saw to clear the road.

Hopefully the late warm rain and all the heat this week and last will melt off a lot of the snow. Several of our local group will try again this Saturday (probably via a different route).

Scrappy said:
Workin on the Jeep!! Woo HOO!! so excited.

All you going wheeling wish you could be having as much fun as me!!!!!

thats ok, anyone want to go to pismo or bald mountain the weekend after?

Well, Phil and I went yesterday, Sunday, and Moonrocks is awesome! There is lots of go-fast type stuff to mess around on in the surrounding area, and the crawlin area has tons of lines for everyone from stockers to full comp buggies.

Phil and I are thinking there should be a Sierra Chapter event/run after it cools off for the summer, maybe September...?

It does get hot at the moonrocks, but rarely breaks 100 degrees. It is not the heat that kills you, it is the wind. When the wind kicks up, it is so dusty it gets miserable. The wind in the fall is really bad, so try to go by mid september :D

Brett, this is the V-crack I was talking about, it is the one next to b-7.
vcrack.jpg

It took both of these toys about an hour and a each to get up this. Is this the one you went up where the other toys on 42's got denied?

davidt said:
It does get hot at the moonrocks, but rarely breaks 100 degrees. It is not the heat that kills you, it is the wind. When the wind kicks up, it is so dusty it gets miserable. The wind in the fall is really bad, so try to go by mid september :D

Brett, this is the V-crack I was talking about, it is the one next to b-7.
vcrack.jpg

It took both of these toys about an hour and a each to get up this. Is this the one you went up where the other toys on 42's got denied?
haha, that's the one! piece of cake, did it first try with no backups and no spotting, though Phil was riding passenger and keeping an eye on the front right tire. I want to try B7 some time, but fully expect to get denied, and there is no way I would come back down it without a strap hooked up considering how front heavy my MJ is.

in the very top left of that picture is a pretty crazy line that one of the POR guys had to get winched off of then a comp buggy made it look easy, which was almost as crazy as seeing one of the POR buggies drop down and to the right of the top middle of that picture, Phil and I were fully expecting a multiple rollover on that one.

that place is just cool

CRASH said:

CRASH

Hey Andy,

Good to meet you and Brit this weekend. I'll bring more skunk wood next time :rattle:

TTYL! :)

muck said:
Hey Andy,

Good to meet you and Brit this weekend. I'll bring more skunk wood next time :rattle:

TTYL! :)

Good fun!

We stacked what was left of the skunk wood for the next lucky campers.

CRASH

Back