• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fall 2015 Redbird Clean-up/Flex Memorial Run Nov 14th

macgyvr

NAXJA Member #120
NAXJA Member
This year is quickly flying by. Let's throw out some dates for the Fall Clean-up run at Red Bird ORV in Dugger, IN.

In case you didn't know, for over 10 years now, the MWC has done a clean up run at Red Bird twice a year. One of the runs is in the spring and one is in the fall.

Edited with information on the Clean up run.

Date: November 14th, 2015

Time: 9am we will meet at the front gate and go in as a group. We will begin our clean up run. We will send a group to cut the tree down on the trail that rips tail lights off and a group will work with a DNR rep to move stone to clean up a nasty muddy hole at the entrance. Depending on numbers, a group with trash bags will look for trash on the trail, and all of us will do the same for the remainder of the trail.

For information on the campground we are staying at: please click here

There is a Toy for Tots event going on at the same time that we are going to be there. Bring a toy and get a free ticket for a raffle that "The Main Event" Off-road club will be hosting. They are also serving lunch starting at 11am with the raffle at 1130am at Redbird Station, where we are camping. Also during lunch/raffle, the MidWest chapter will be presenting and dedicating a bench that LessLimited is building in memory of Aaron "FlexdXJ" Thompson. The MWC will also be making a donation to Redbird in the form of a check from the chapter and National NAXJA in memory of Aaron.

Due to the timing of lunch, we need to be at the main gate as close to 9am as we can. We'll spend two hours getting work done, go to lunch/raffle/dedication, then if need be we'll finish up the clean up or just go enjoy trails around Redbird.

We may have some others helping us with the clean up that knew Aaron from other local central Indiana clubs.

Should be a fun and profitable day.

I will also have memorial stickers available at the event for $5 each.

Thank you to all who can make it.

mac 'please post any questions' gyvr

Fall 2015 Redbird Clean-up run

I have the following weekends I can participate
Sept 19
Oct 3
Oct 10
Nov 7
Nov 21

Re: Fall 2015 Redbird Clean-up run

i like the look of the November dates.

My sept 19th is no longer good (out of towns guests)

Oct 17th
Nov 14th
Nov 21st

mac 'the november dates are better than the Oct date' gyvr

Who else?

Totals to far:
Sept 19th - 1
26th - 0
Oct 3rd - 1
10th - 1
17th - 1
24th - 2
31st - 1
Nov 7th - 2
Nov 14th - 3
21st - 3
28th - 1

With one comment that the November dates look good, but no dates chosen.

mac 'Nov takes an early lead' gyvr

I would think early nov as to stay away from thanksgiving.

but I may not be able to attend so take my vote for what it is.

November NOT the 7th lol. I vote 14th I guess?

I don't know if my rig is too small for the clean up trail since I have never been to Redbird, but I guess I could ride if someone had an empty seat, my vote would be for November.

I don't know if my rig is too small for the clean up trail since I have never been to Redbird, but I guess I could ride if someone had an empty seat, my vote would be for November.

Bring your rig I will drive it for you.

I'm thinking that this is looking like Nov 14th might be the best date.

Tho he hasn't posted in here, Wheeler said the 14th would be the best date for him as well.

mac 'more replies please' gyvr

that would work best for me IF I'm settled in the new house with the baby by then.
is redbird station campground still closed?

that would work best for me IF I'm settled in the new house with the baby by then.
is redbird station campground still closed?

Last that I saw they were to reopen with the Hilift event which was a couple weeks ago.

I can send them a message on FB and find out tho.

mac 'I hope so' gyvr

Last that I saw they were to reopen with the Hilift event which was a couple weeks ago.

I can send them a message on FB and find out tho.

mac 'I hope so' gyvr

I thought that was just for that event. you might want to check just to be sure though

Back