• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon Run June 27th

blondejoncherokee

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I am Planning on running the con June 27th weekend. Just going to play it by ear, either go through loon to Tahoe or just go in and come out loon depending on who goes and how it goes.

You can get through this trail on almost any rig , I am setting it at 33" tires and at least one traction device, two preferred , sliders, skids, tow points, just to move through quickly. There are exceptions for other rigs.

Trying to get a couple rigs to go.

Last edited:
OK sweet.

Me
Josh

I'm off that weekend, I'll put it in my calendar.

Nice!

EDIT:
Just looked at my iCal. I already planned to take that Friday off work, so we should plan on getting up there thursday after work maybe? Either camp at the trail head or wheel in to spider or Ellis or camp on the slabs or something like that.

Last edited:
Nice!

EDIT:
Just looked at my iCal. I already planned to take that Friday off work, so we should plan on getting up there thursday after work maybe? Either camp at the trail head or wheel in to spider or Ellis or camp on the slabs or something like that.

I work until 10:00 pm on Thursday, but let me see about getting the day off, or maybe getting out of here a few hours early.

I work until 10:00 pm on Thursday, but let me see about getting the day off, or maybe getting out of here a few hours early.

We could just go up Friday morning too.

But Id be down to head in thurs evening even just a little way just so I can wake up friday morning in the mountains and make breakfast burritos in the mountains. We could wait for you and just not go very far in . We also would not be wheeling all night if we did do that, just enough to get in a ways and then setup camp and have a beer.

Last edited:
We could just go up Friday morning too.

But Id be down to head in thurs evening even just a little way just so I can wake up friday morning in the mountains and make breakfast burritos in the mountains. We could wait for you and just not go very far in . We also would not be wheeling all night if we did do that, just enough to get in a ways and then setup camp and have a beer.

Either way but let's be honest. If I came up Friday morning I would be at camp before you are awake. Haha

Let's do loon at Thursday evening... We all know Jon will be up around 11 Friday
Not to call shots but I being rushed after driving a long ways is killer. 4 days up there would be rad amiright? :D

Let's do loon at Thursday evening... We all know Jon will be up around 11 Friday
Not to call shots but I being rushed after driving a long ways is killer. 4 days up there would be rad amiright? :D

LOL. dammit. you guys all know me too well!!! Although lately i have been waking up at like 7am on the weekends so who knows...

I prefer to go up thurs night so we have time to chill. Im glad you are down. Lets do this...

Either way but let's be honest. If I came up Friday morning I would be at camp before you are awake. Haha

Josh , if you are cool with this, I would prefer this . I am more of night owl and less of an early bird. you can probably be in our camp as we are finishing breakfast and packing up...

sounds like its all coming together nicely. Plus with these new fangled LED light bars night wheeling is a whole lot different than it used to be. After trying to find the high lakes for 4 hours of night wheeling , it makes the 1.5 hour trip to spider seem like a cake walk, I would say going in to loon or ellis or something would be that much less.

I'm up for either option. As long as we aren't wheeling til sun-up to find a campsite!

yeah I have no intentions of doing that.

Alright, count me in for Thursday.

Honestly I am just thinking of camping at Loon or just in on the trail or something. I would only wheel in if everyone in the group is ok with that.

Top of the bowl is a great place to camp the night before, 10 minutes of wheeling and your there. Amazing view when you wake up, much more out of the way than camping at loon.

There's a sweet spot at the half mile marker on the trail. Tucked up away from the road. Comes in handy when you break right there haha.

Back