• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sunday 8/17 (this sunday) Ironchest/Carnage Canyon

1-tonxj

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Group of Jeeps Xjs /TJs running Ironchest then Carnage starting early morning sunday...builds range from stock Rubicon on 32s to 40+ rigs ...rigs not comfy running carnage can call it a day after Ironchest or find a seat in one of the other rigs for Carnage .

3rd run added we will be driving to starbucks after carnage canyon this will be more of an easy going scenic run targeted at the XJ folks , with a possible optional obstacle of circling the fuel pump and a few poser flex shots on my trailerd drive over fenders .

3rd run added we will be driving to starbucks after carnage canyon this will be more of an easy going scenic run targeted at the XJ folks , with a possible optional obstacle of circling the fuel pump and a few poser flex shots on my trailerd drive over fenders .

Now that is some funny s**t right there. Lol

So, where is the fricken trip report???

Boggers required for the starbucks run? ..!..:D..!..
Ya where's the pics

And armor all they need to shine ,and possibly removal of front drive shaft with a set of chrome truck nutz...

Should be some video floating around I took none ...trip went as follows late start 3-pm run went without issue for me to the waterfall...unfortunately Danny's highsteer arms sheered the studs no spares so drop it to low steer ...both of us at waterfall I gave it a good shot but even good sticky tires get denied with the soup bowl at the base so Boggers did good for being boggers ,so after bashing in my winch fairlead mount I called for the HOOK pulled up just past the first ledge on waterfall from there I drove under own power with taking a few times to get the v notch line just right without ending up on my side which I did twice . I got to exit at about 2200 and due to a very bad run of luck on Dannys rig it was too late to do any playing around and my very well abused track bar mount finally snapped in two ,but it steered ok enough with the ram to work into winch position to winchg over quick drove over the last rock obstacle b4 popping out up into chinaman's , which we all took my rig down chinaman's from the exit slpet in or trucks until the parts stores opened to go back in and get dannys rig out as after the highsteer arms sheared the brake line bracket sheared off during the waterfall attempt then about 85 percent of thay through his ARG box blew out a seal which the best we could do with it was get him out of the way until parts could be had .

I know rick atleast has video of me driving the notch not sure what else ...lol...I just never take pictures or video I know that's pretty damn lame ,but I just foreget once I'm there and on the trail
about pics and video ... This trail is pretty kick a$$ it's pretty non stop challenge from the entrance to the exit , which is great...unless...something really is wrong with your rig b/c there is no easy way to just limp out and hiking parts in sucks .

Sounds like it wasn't a very fun trip

No i'd say minus the unforseen ,which is part of the deal running this type of trail it was great ,and being my xj's first real trail run ...lol...on nearly bald boggers and only needing a winch 2x 1st to get a step up out of the mote onto the waterfall and just bit of a tug on the exit . This run has me putting the brakes on looking to dump cash into areas I don't need as I never tested the rig before , but my xj ran this as easy or easier than many I've seen with more fancy stuff under their rigs ,so I'm just going to cut a bit here and there to give it better clearance around the rear corners and get some new tires and call it good run the trails I've been wanting too and then after I've had my fun it will be time to sell the XJ/trailer ,Because it's a blast but it sure tain't cheap .

Back