• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Redbird Fall Clean-up Sept 27th, 2014 ***WIN A WINCH!!!***

macgyvr

NAXJA Member #120
NAXJA Member
The Midwest Chapter BOD is pleased to announce that at the Fall Redbird Clean-up run, we will give away a winch! The winch which is a XRC-9.5K WINCH GEN2, was won by the midwest chapter members during the March membership drive as we proudly kicked butt in the gaining the highest percentage of membership renewals and new members in the month of March.

The Midwest Chapter has been making trips to Redbird State Riding Area (SRA) since 2004. Since 2007, the Midwest Chapter has made a commitment to have a trail clean up twice a year at Redbird SRA. Trail 21 is the trail that the Midwest Chapter has adopted.

We just completed the spring clean up run on May 17th. It was announced at the run that we would be giving the winch away at the fall run.

The fall clean up run will be held Sept 27th. Current NAXJA members who attend the clean up will be eligible for the winch.

We hope to make this one of our biggest clean-up runs! No better way to enjoy a weekend than to help keep public trails open and clean and possibly win a winch!

mac 'if you clean it they will come' gyvr

Re: Redbird Fall Clean-up ***WIN A WINCH!!!***

in as long as there is not a home UofL football game.

awesome news! hope to make it.

Let me know when, I haven't been to Redbird in a while.

Will an XJ lifted 4" and 31's do okay? If so, I know what my goal to get lift and stuff done by will be (hopefully purchasing lift after vacation depending on how much we spend on vacation).

Will an XJ lifted 4" and 31's do okay? If so, I know what my goal to get lift and stuff done by will be (hopefully purchasing lift after vacation depending on how much we spend on vacation).

Yep, not near enough jeep.

k "third times the charm" man

Nope. Mine couldn't make the first hill. Made it tough since I was leading the group.

Tentatively throwing around Sept 27th.

mac 'let's make it big!' gyvr

So I contributed, I renewed during March to help the chapter get the winch to raffle off. But I can't win because I'm not going to this cleanup?

Bullshit.

This thread is for discussing the fall redbird trip. If you desire more discussion on it, please start another thread, we'll keep this one on track.

As a MWC member you have a right to ask questions about decisions made by the BOD. I will offer the following explanation so that you aren't ignored in your question.

The discussion to give the winch was taken on by the MWC BOD. It was not taken lightly and was passed by a 4-1 vote (which may or may not be recorded in the recorder thread, but will be at some point.

The MWC does not have much public land. Red Bird is a trail clean up that we do 2 times a year and have for the last 7 years or so. We do not have many public lands and if we do not continue to embrace it, we will lose them.

Everyone at election time is always talking about a 2nd MWC event. To my recollection, there hasn't been a lot of effort into putting on a 2nd event, nor have we really ever had one. The closest thing that we have is the trail clean ups at Redbird.

I'm not saying that this is what our 2nd event should be, but the BOD has decided to do something different and get folks to come out, support public lands, enjoy each others company at a different time of the year, at a different location, and give the members a chance to win the winch.

Is it the right decision, we hope so. If it backfires, then we tried it and we'll try something different in the future. But we are a BOD that is open to trying new things.

That's why we are planning the fall trip pretty early with nearly 4 months to plan for the trip and trying to set a date that works for as many people as possible. We want everyone possible to have the opportunity to be able to make the trip, hang with cool MWC peps, wheel when its warm?, support our chapter's clean up effort and public lands, and possibly win a winch.

If you're not happy with the decisions that are made then vote us out at election time.

If you think that myself or any other BOD member has some selfish reason behind it (because geographically we are closer than you), I'll tell you that for most of us, our fuel, maintenance, camping fees, dog/baby sitter, and everything else involved in us individually making the trip is probably more than the cost of a winch. We could just stay at home and order one. It's not about that, it's for the reasons previously mentioned.

So to keep the thread on track...how does Sept 27th look on your calendars?

mac 'something new' gyvr

This thread is for discussing the fall redbird trip. If you desire more discussion on it, please start another thread, we'll keep this one on track.

As a MWC member you have a right to ask questions about decisions made by the BOD. I will offer the following explanation so that you aren't ignored in your question.

The discussion to give the winch was taken on by the MWC BOD. It was not taken lightly and was passed by a 4-1 vote (which may or may not be recorded in the recorder thread, but will be at some point.

The MWC does not have much public land. Red Bird is a trail clean up that we do 2 times a year and have for the last 7 years or so. We do not have many public lands and if we do not continue to embrace it, we will lose them.

Everyone at election time is always talking about a 2nd MWC event. To my recollection, there hasn't been a lot of effort into putting on a 2nd event, nor have we really ever had one. The closest thing that we have is the trail clean ups at Redbird.

I'm not saying that this is what our 2nd event should be, but the BOD has decided to do something different and get folks to come out, support public lands, enjoy each others company at a different time of the year, at a different location, and give the members a chance to win the winch.

Is it the right decision, we hope so. If it backfires, then we tried it and we'll try something different in the future. But we are a BOD that is open to trying new things.

That's why we are planning the fall trip pretty early with nearly 4 months to plan for the trip and trying to set a date that works for as many people as possible. We want everyone possible to have the opportunity to be able to make the trip, hang with cool MWC peps, wheel when its warm?, support our chapter's clean up effort and public lands, and possibly win a winch.

If you're not happy with the decisions that are made then vote us out at election time.

If you think that myself or any other BOD member has some selfish reason behind it (because geographically we are closer than you), I'll tell you that for most of us, our fuel, maintenance, camping fees, dog/baby sitter, and everything else involved in us individually making the trip is probably more than the cost of a winch. We could just stay at home and order one. It's not about that, it's for the reasons previously mentioned.

So to keep the thread on track...how does Sept 27th look on your calendars?

mac 'something new' gyvr

Since we're being public, after I was asked to have a private discussion between you, me and Dan over text messages, I'll say this:

You openly solicited the chapter membership to renew and/or join during March in order to win the chapter contest and have NAXJA purchase a winch to be given away in a chapter raffle. That chapter membership, along with its dues that actually paid for the winch anyways, did as you requested.

To then determine that those members who cannot attend be ineligible to receive the very prize they helped the chapter obtain seems less than fair.

Your intentions are good, I like land use causes as much as the next guy, but you're talking out of both sides of your mouth.

And for the record, the next time you want to have a secret squirrel conversation with me and ask me to keep it off the board, maybe you should do the same thing before you blow me up on it.

Sorry.

I don't know what answer you want from me.

I explained it as best I could because I thought the question you brought up in this thread , that others might have as well, deserved an answer so that it didn't appear that it was being ignored.

mac ' ' gyvr

Back