• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Red Bird Spring Clean-up May 17th, 2014

macgyvr

NAXJA Member #120
NAXJA Member
Putting this in this forum for more views then will move to the staging area when appropriate.

Tentatively looking at Red Bird for May 17th. Hoping to get it in before the busy summer months, Memorial Day, and graduations.

If it looks like there a huge issue with this weekend, we'll look at some other weekends.

Should this be the weekend that works out, I will be camping at the newer campground on the night of the 16th and 17th.

IMPORTANT: As the VP of the MWC chapter is it my duty to contact Redbird to officially set up the clean up date. So that we have only one point of contact with Redbird please allow me to contact them. Thank you.

mac 'working on a couple of incentives to get folks to come' gyvr

Re: Red Bird Spring Clean-up 2014

I'll be in Utah/Nevada, I'll have to miss this one unfortunately!

Flexd 'won brown dogs at a clean up once' XJ

Do you guys purposely put the clean up on the days of my kids birthday party's? :D
This was obviously a joke. given the registration and time drama from WF i hope no one takes is seriously...

i have 2 kids the first clean up always lands on the younger kids party and the second lands on my older kids party every year.

out unless the date changes...:(

Last edited:

Looks good to me.

Dependant upon weather, I may be able to make that work. It has been a year or two since we had the gut busting fajitas and bacon frenzy.

I will need an open seat, I wont have a rig going by then, and dont want to trailer out the SxS and have to deal with the out of state registration mess.

Cheese "always had fun at Redbird" Man

I will contact them on monday or tuesday to make sure the date works .

mac 'bump' gyvr

Date looks good for me, should be good for Molly too. Hoping there are no mosquitoes this year!

Dependant upon weather, I may be able to make that work. It has been a year or two since we had the gut busting fajitas and bacon frenzy.

I miss the fajita skillet! Man that was a rough Saturday though.

Wonder if Marcus misses the ass sammiches.

Spoke with Redbird today and the 17th is a go.

We need to try to enter as a group, so we can shoot for 9am.

I will get the volunteer form uploaded so you can print it off, and I will also print as well.

They are redoing the trail system down there and our trail 21 might also be named trail 3, trying to make some of the trails longer.

mac 'one phone call' gyvr

Assuming we are staying at Redbird Station, and that you will be taking I70 to the Brazil exit and coming down SR 59 to SR 54:

54 West towards Dugger. Before you get to town, turn Right (North) on County Road 1500 W. There should be a sign for Redbird SRA. There will be a road that T's in from the left, turn on that road (CR 350 N) and follow it to the campground. You will pass the park entrance before you get to the campground.

OR: You can turn Right (North) on CR 1550 W from SR 54 and take it directly to the campground. I can't advise the condition of that road, or if it is clear enough for your big trailer. Last time I went down it it was rather rough.

Park entrance on the right (red), campground to the left (yellow):

mac 'so I don't find the 3 ton bridge again' gyvr

This is the form you need to download, fill out, and bring with you.

I will either bring my computer and printer to do them onsite or print several off to bring with me.

mac 'DNR volunteers' gyvr

Attachments

• VolAgrmntAdult_2014.pdf
    74.1 KB · Views: 13
Back