• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gauge Swap

13Legion

NAXJA Forum User
Putting in an 88 XJ Sport gauge cluster in my 87 MJ. My question. Donor vic was a 4.0, my vic is a 2.5. I read that you need to change out temp and oil pressure sensors. Found oil pressure sensor but temp sensor part # TU108 didnt match up at autozone. Anyone know the correct part number. Anything else I need to cover before making the change? Gauges out of 88 were automatic and I have the 2.5 4 speed. Thanks!:helpme:

Which style guage pod do you have and what are you swapping too?

You only need to swap senders if your doing something like full guages from idiot lights, all you need is the senders for a jeep that matches whatever cluster you have.

For the tach inside the cluster is a potentiometer you have to hook up an external tach and adj the clusters tach to your engine.

I am doing a full gauge swap from idiot lights. I noticed on my vic that it does not have a oil pressure sensor on it. The wire is there, but the hole where it would make is covered by a brass screwed in fitting. From pictures I have seen it seems there needs to be an "elbow" type fitting made here and than the sensor makes to that so the sensor is in a horizontal position. Are the 2.5 and 4.0 typical for this elbow piece. Meaning, can I go to JY and take this part off of the 4.0 and use it on my 2.5? Thx!

Back