• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Red Cone this Saturday 6/23

old_man

NAXJA Forum User
Thinking of running Red Cone this Saturday. Most likely will run Radical Hill and head back over I-70

I can't make it, but I love this trail system. I haven't explored it all, but have been over Red Cone, Radical Hill, and various routes down through Montezuma and Breck both.

Hell, I even ran it in a stock '01 Pathfinder before I had a Jeep. The Pathy went over Radical Hill with only some dents in the undercarriage.

If more peeps are up for Sunday, that would work for me.

Thinking about meeting up at the gas station in Bailey, or would you guys prefer something like the gas station at C-470 and the Morrison Exit?

You doing this on Sunday or Saturday?

If Sunday then yes I'd say C-470 and Morrison exit. Thats that Conoco up on the right after you turn R correct?

You doing this on Sunday or Saturday?

If Sunday then yes I'd say C-470 and Morrison exit. Thats that Conoco up on the right after you turn R correct?
That's the one I am thinking about. I like to top off my tank there.

Last edited:
That's the one I am thinking about. I like to top off my tank there.

I have invited the CEO of the company I work for to ride shotgun. I am hopeing to hear back from him today as to whether or not he is going and what day is the best. I'm doing some serious politicing :D
Looks like we will be going Sunday. I like to get an early start so I would plan to meet at 9AM at the Bailey gas station.
\
My plan is to run Red Cone followed by Radical Hill, then home over I-70 or maybe Loveland Pass if the traffic is bad. I need to make sure Radical Hill is open.

Damn that's early, are those trails going to be "fun" w/lockers front and rear on 32's or should I bring the Audi?

I'll get with the guys I was going to wheel with and see what they want to do.

Should be in, I'll probably only have 2 other Jeeps with me.

To clarify, we'll be meeting HERE at 9am

Weather report looks great.

We will meet at the Morrison Exit at 9am sharp.

I'm surprised in the lack of interest. This is a really cool trail. It can be run with a stocker and is one of the most beautiful trails in Colorado.

I'm very tempted. I just do not want to commit just yet. I have a bunch of stuff i have to do this weekend.

I have interest -- just no time. Redcone is absolutely gorgeous, pucker factor aside. It's my wife's least favorite road, I think... she hates the shelfs.

Sundays = No Bueno. Some of us go to church.

I'm a licensed minister. God lives in the mountains as well. If you want, I can do a short inspirational service on the top of Red Cone.

Back