• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FestFest

XJ&CHZ4ME

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, so with the interest that we have at this time, I am willing to host FestFest at Preston Farms on the weekend of June 9th. This will be a non-wheeling event, more of a glorified meet and greet. There will be plenty of space for primative camping, we have places that we can run extension cords to/from, and a few water hydrants. This will be a time for fellowship, firearms, explosives, adult beverages and mass consuption of food and debochery. If you have an ATV, feel free to bring it along if you would like. The cabin has already been reserved by seanR, but feel free to barter with him for the couch to sleep on :D

There is a new offroad park in the making about 25 minutes from our farm, so if anyone would like, we could make a trip over there and meet with the owner and check the place out...he will alow us to run some of the trails etc to check it out. I will add that the place has a gun shop, a professional shooting range, resturant and a small bar..all under the same roof!

People are welcome to start arriving on friday afternoon, but we do ask that everyone pan on rolling out on Sunday by noon or so....

location is:
24956 State Hwy HH
Unionville, MO

no real towns to reference, so find Unionville, MO 63565 on a map and go 7 miles south on Highway 5 to Highway HH, and it is the first place on the right...

And in MWC fashion, there will be a fire that would make Satan jealous....

Last edited:
Since you adopted my suggestion for the name, I'll plan to be there.

^^like...and with some homebrew??

I bet you can carpool w/ Rev or Sean if you wanted to. Sounds like they may be making the trek out as well.

It will be good to see ya John since I missed ya at WF. :thumbup:

Of course I'll bring some homebrew. Maybe some sawdust, too.

I'll be sleeping in whatever I'm driving.

Yeah, missed you too buddy.

I'm down as long as Molly wants to drive the Camry out and wants gas money! :D

I'm at an 80% gonna be there. It's kind of up to whether or not I get a job. If I don't get one, it will be hard to afford. If I get a job, it may be difficult to get the time off. My plan is to go though.

It helps that Sean has offered me a ride out. Fingers crossed! I gotta make it out there!

And Missouri is kind enough to honor my carry permit!

Last edited:
since i missed you at winterfest i might have to make the drive down.

cheers,

jj

^^^^LIKE!!

you make the trip down and I will guarntee you will have a good time. Some of the other Chicago area fellas are talking about making the trip, you may be able to catch a ride with one of them. :thumbup:

Careful JJ, they might not like your kind around there.....:D You should really come!

you must never have been to St. Louis....

good ribs down there :D

as of right now i will be coming down...do you want me to get my dads electric clay pigeon thrower??? could provide some hours of entertainment :)

we had family up this weekend and we set up a place to target shoot out by the cabin...we shot @ 250 rounds through the 9's, and 300 rounds while shooting trap about 300 rounds through the 22's and just a few through the 303. It was a good time..cant wait until June!

we had family up this weekend and we set up a place to target shoot out by the cabin...we shot @ 250 rounds through the 9's, and 300 rounds while shooting trap about 300 rounds through the 22's and just a few through the 303. It was a good time..cant wait until June!

Got room for 200 or so yards, i'd like to try my luck with the. 243 at that range.

I do not have a flat 200 yard spot anywhere on my farm...remember I am in the rolling hills of northern Missouri!

To pick a nit, not just flat, but with a good slope for a backstop behind it. Always be aware of what's beyond your target.

^^Exactly! Where we have set up to shoot now is an old dried pond bed and it has a great backstop as well as another hill beyond it...and no civilization for about 5 miles or more behind it. I actually shoot skeet over a filled pond to keep the mess contained in the pond /lot and the clays do not hurt anything in there either.

What are the hotels like in Unionville?

Any suggestions in the area?

Or would I be better of in Ottumwa?

The wife is considering it, but she wants a motel/hotel, no camping for her.

Rev

hotels are pretty much 2 old school shit holes....one is better then Hotel Attica, the other is not. Kirksville, MO is about 40 minutes from here and has a few chain hotels like a Holiday Inn Express etc. Ottumwa is a good hour plus to get to. There is a place up the road about 10 miles that has private cabins that were built a few years back, he rents for what a decent hotel would cost, I can get some information posted up for you about them. I would say that they are nicer then the Eagels Nest etc.

Yes...shoot me some info. I thought kirksville might be closer and can book there if needed. I tried to sell her on camping in the trailer....but....

Rev

Back