• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brewfest Head Count/Food Thread

lesslimited

Official MWC Brewmeister
NAXJA Member
Please post if you will be attending and the number of non-NAXJA-posting family or friends you will be bringing. Let me know if you need me to PM directions, and if you plan to stay overnight.

Traditionally, we have provided burgers and brats, some great fresh salsa and one or two other items, and good beer of course, and participants have provided side dishes, appetizers, and desserts. This is not mandatory of course, but is appreciated. Use this thread for an idea of how much to bring.

To make things a little easier for Cindy, this year we will just be grilling brats, and will get some catered fried chicken and mostacholi. Cindy will make the usual large quantity of fresh salsa, and she's doing some kinda fancy lemonade drink, dragon berry rum optional.

So, we could use some potato/pasta/macaroni/fruit type salads, cheese/sausage and crackers, and anything else you like. Desserts are always good too, most people seem to be able to stuff some in :D

So we don't wind up with 12 different versions of potato salad, please post up what you will be bringing.

:cheers:

Hmmm...... I think I will try to make some scotcharoos...............or talk my cousin in to making them! :D basically really badass rice crispy treats. Craig, we'll take some of Stacy's rice crispy treats too! I will be riding up with Brad and I think Josh too. Not sure if Neal or Marcus are coming.

John,

Camille and I are both in and will be staying the night (hopefully you have us a room reserved in "Casa de John-N-Cindy"). I will need you to PM me some directions again with the quicker route unlike Mapquest! :D I am game for bringing the cheese machine if anyone has interest in that. Any other type of food will be kind of hard to travel with since we are splitting the drive over 2 days coming up there. I can also bring some tortilla chips for the cheese and the salsa as well. Is there a "donation pot" that will be available for us to donate to the event? I want to contribute where I can and I dont want you and Cindy to be out anything for putting this gathering on. I am super stoked. cant wait to see everyone again and drink some of that good ol' homebrew! (especially the wit!)

Cheese "gettin all giddy" Man

John, two for sure...me and Tater.
Dawn and Rich are "maybe's".

Put me in for some Guacamole and chips.

BOB

Looks like I'm in for 2; myself and a guest. Not sure if it'll be Wyfie or my brother in law.

Not sure what time I'll get there either. Just depends on the family happenings that day but, I'm shooting for 5:30-6 at the very latest.

As for a dish, I'll likely grab something. Not sure what it will be, I'll have to wait and see what kind of leftovers sis has in her fridge!

John, I need an address to plug into the Garmin please! I had it once and lost it.

Hale"Two birds-one rock trip"Yes.

I'm still in. I was thinking some venison sausage and Wisconsin cheeze but I see Rev and Susie are bring the bambie stick too. Maybe I'll bring something else. Let's see who signs up and with what.

John, if you would so kindly hit me up w/your home addy and maybe a phone # I'd be grateful. I'm looking to by-pass the toll booths! sheesh!

Cheezey-I've got a wet take-home treat for ya!

Moo baby!!

Oh, yeah. I'm coming down - grillin' and chillin' - then heading back up north.

Hardcore style :greensmok

Last edited:
sweet Steve, I am looking forward to it...and seeing you too! :D

The one we are bringing is small....feel free to bring some more Bambi...or Bambis dad, or mom, or sister, or brother, or second cousin...or...

:D

Rev

Hmmm...... I think I will try to make some scotcharoos...............or talk my cousin in to making them! :D basically really badass rice crispy treats. Craig, we'll take some of Stacy's rice crispy treats too! I will be riding up with Brad and I think Josh too. Not sure if Neal or Marcus are coming.

Yup, I'll be there...quit crying and deal with it. I'm not certain yet on what I will bring. Lemme do some looking around.

Me and the wife are going, gonna try and find a sitter for the boys

i will try and find my recipe for my killer brownie pie

Tyler, the cheese machine is good, only if it's no problem. Otherwise there is a Super Walmart about 1/2 to 3/4 mile east of us, or modest cash donations will be accepted also, for anyone that can't conveniently bring food, or doesn't trust their culinary skills :D

Mike, between New Lenox and here there are probably 20 different grocery stores you could stop at, depending on which route you take...

I'll PM the address/directions/phone # as I get time.

The one we are bringing is small....feel free to bring some more Bambi...or Bambis dad, or mom, or sister, or brother, or second cousin...or...

:D

Rev

Okay, I'll bring a stick too. W/the cheese. I'll keep checking to see if we need any salad or whatever nearer to the date.

AAARRRRRGGGG!!! (homer drool) I see I'll need to load up some insulin and needle packs for this trip!!!

:loveu:

yea im a diabetic also thats why its "killer" i dont know how to judge it so i just guess take a shot and check an hr later :eyes:

yea im a diabetic also thats why its "killer" i dont know how to judge it so i just guess take a shot and check an hr later :eyes:

Glad I'm not the only one that does that. JIM.

Found the destruction's so maybe between the three of us we will have enough insulin :D

Back