• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pig Gig Oh-Ten Sept. 4, 2010

HaleYes

NAXJA Forum User
Mark your calenders!

Sept. 4th 2010 will be the 4th Annual MWC Pig Gig.
It will be held in the same location as last year, in Louisville, IL at ILLXJ's place, which is actually north of Louisville, IL a little bit. Look for exact directions to posted up here later.

For the Pig Gig first timers:
We get a pig, Jim and myself shoot it, butcher it and put it on a roteresee roaster provided by Prepmech. We start the pig early in the morning and eat when it's done. There is power if you need it for a crock pot or whatever. We do ask that everyone brings a side dish to share. Post up what you plan to bring so we don't end up with 17 crock pots of baked beans! We take up a collection to cover the cost of he pig. Anything collected over the cost of the pig is donated to the MWC Treasury. While the pig is cooking, we shoot guns and socialize. We have slinger-dinger targets set up at 100 yards to shoot at. We also have have short range pistol targets as well. If you got it, bring it and shoot it. We had all kinds of nice firearms last year. Just a little bit of everything. This is a non-wheeling, family friendly event. No XJ required.:D

Accommodations for those wishing to stay:
Primitive camping is available at the Pig Gig site. If you'd like a little more plush accommodations, there are options. Effingham, IL is about 20 miles north of the Pig Gig location. Effingham has several different hotels to choose from. You can use www.hotels.com or something similar to find a place. Flora, IL (15 miles south) has only one hotel that'd I'd recommend and that's the Best Western(Lorsin Inn). You should be able to find it online as well.

This event is open to anyone that has the guts to show up. Good times, good people and lots of flying brass.
Bring lawn chairs.

Hope to see you there!

I had a great time at the last two, but I'll be in Korea for this one.

See you guys there! And I'll make sure I don't forget any keys for guns this time. Gotta start stocking up on ammo. As far as a side dish goes, I've been wanting to try out a layered nacho dip. Count me in for that.

Last edited:
Count me in! this is my first pig gig, I will be bringing my guns...well see how many. haha, time to stock up, OH yeah, dish....ummmmm Rotini Salad work? its good shit, whos bringing the bacon explosion?

still making ammo in the basement.

lots of it.

.45 is light, but 9 and .40 will be in ample supply. As will .38

gonna try and make it again this year. A BE might be in the making, but kind of hard to get one to hold over for 2 days since we split the drive up by staying in STL. May roll w/o the fam this yar and I can stay longer.

It doesn't look like a good date for me.
But, I will try to make some changes so we can come down.

we can bring some homies from Chicago and make them run as targets.
:D

BOB

I'm there....along with the 700 and the XD. I will probably have about 40-60 rounds of .243 and a couple hundred 9mm.

If I eat enough cheese and pork I will have a loaded cannon....... :passgas:

The Blackberry took a crap today so its going to be a target at the Pig Gig! :D I get to shoot it first!

The Blackberry took a crap today so its going to be a target at the Pig Gig! :D I get to shoot it first!

I will probably have mine retired by then as well, ringer doesn't work at all, speaker is distorted and now the trackball hardly ever works.

Shooting electronics sounds like a good time.

That Blackberry needs a pill bottle of Tannerrite taped to it. :D

FYI: I don't have any Tannerrite and I don't plan on getting any.

Back